A place to seek advice and answers on those particularly challenging issues.
12 posts Page 1 of 2
I can install actions per the instructions of creating the png and xml but I cannot get the effects to show up in the drop down list when I create the xml file. They show up in the show all but it would be so much nicer if they could show up in the list. Does anyone know what to do?
I don't have 6 but if you go to the link I am posting Graffi has made an auto installer for six. It installed actions, styles and all else in the right place. Alot of members use it and like it. I think it is only around $8. Check it out, I think it will give you what you want. Scroll down till you get to the auto-installer section of his blog
http://www.graficalicus.com/wp/
Thanks so much for the reply and the site to go to. I have sent him several emails about whether it does create a name in the drop down list and also if you can purchase it other than through PayPal. I would like to just order through my credit card because several friends have had info used that they went through PayPal. Thanks again, Shelton
I think it does create a drop down list and I also think you can use a credit card. I use paypal all the time and have never had a problem.
Hi,
when you save your xml file i think your using the same name for both values.
You should use a name like the one shown in this screen shot,
xml-files.jpg
(57.17 KiB) Downloaded 53 times

In this example I did it for Grants Tools but I believe you can use any name. After Cat just add a name.
HTH.
Kev.
Kev's Gallery

Dogs have masters. Cats have servants

Windows 7, PSE 9, PSP12
Kev, thanks for the help. I can install and create xml files for effects such as Grant's Tools and they show up in the list. My problem is I can't get layer styles that you use for items such as text to show on that list with shadows, bevels and etc.. I put the xml in the layer styles metadata folder and it doesn't show up on the list. The layer styles do show uo when you click show all. Thanks again and it may be that I can't do it.
SDS,
not to sure what styles you are trying to install but this the way I do it.
When you have the Style icon you wish to use, take a note of it's name. This must be correct in every detail.
Copy the style and paste it into -

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\6.0\Locale\en_US\Photo Creations\layer styles

Now go to -

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\6.0\Locale\en_US\Photo Creations Metadata\layer styles

Right Click on any file, open with Note Pad and alter to name of your style as shown
styles-xml.jpg
(29.8 KiB) Downloaded 49 times

I must stress that the name must be exactly the same as the style name.
I apologise if it seems that I'm trying to teach my Grandma to suck eggs but I want to show how I do it and I've installed quite a few styles and they all show in the drop down list.
HTH.
Kev
Kev's Gallery

Dogs have masters. Cats have servants

Windows 7, PSE 9, PSP12
Kev, you did a great job explaining it. I have been doing it that way but where you have <typecategory id= " Cat Jodi's Frame Styles 1" do you leave the space between Jodi's Frame Styles 1? I tried following the ones installed and there was no space in that area but in the next one. Again I really appreciate you going to the trouble to help me. Shelton
Kev, I rechecked what I was doing and this old man forgot to put the # sign in front of the number of the style as it was written. It is Sue's Styles #2 and I was leaving the # out. I really appreciate the overseas help from an older man. hee hee
glad to see you are getting it working for you.
12 posts Page 1 of 2