Post your before and after pictures here.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
I posted a cropped version of this image in gallery but love the whole image. But need help, see the big glare from the spotlight on the wine barrel. Can anyone tell me how to reduce this, so as not of bright. Have tried everything I can think of. Thanks in advance.

If you don't mind the obscure light source, a lot of cloning and painting may get you to something like this:

:)
Juergen
That looks really good, I tried cloning but could not get it to look right. What did you clone and what did you paint???
I cloned the left barrel, actually selected a section of it and duplicated it twice. I then shuffled the three layers around, flipped one or two horizontally and also skewed them to better fit on top of the right barrel. I then used the Clone Stamp to make a transition between the sections.
The middle part of the right barrel is mostly painted, I did, however, also clone some from the left one.
There is a lot of trial and error involved and I wound up using about 20 layers...

Juergen
Juergen,

That is really excellent. I had that same thought (pasting a selection from the other barrel over the right one) but couldn't figure out how to make it "look right". You have produced a textbook example.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
20 layers, wow, that was a lot of work. How about writing a tutorial for me on it. Just kidding. I am going to master it myself after the holidays. Merry Christmas to you.
Thank you both, Susan and Rusty. Merry Christmas.

Juergen
Juergen:
You have done a MASTER job. Congratulations my friend.
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
Juergen,

Exellent work on the image. Merry Christmas.

John
Thank you, guys! :D

Juergen
10 posts Page 1 of 1