Post your before and after pictures here.
19 posts Page 2 of 2
You are most welcome, Garry.
Rusty that tip should go in the newsletter (hint)
Before putting any tips in writing, I think it would be helpful for some discussion on plagiarism. Maybe that belongs in a different thread. I am obviously not a physicist so I clearly know that only because I read it somewhere. :D

To try to remember light you need an imaginary friend, Mr Roy G. Biv. Now you can always remember that the colors, from longest wavelength to shortest, are: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet. A practical use in Elements, at least for me, is to open an image in ACR (even if it wasn't shot in RAW) and look at the white balance scale up at the top where you can enter Kelvin temperatures. A low temp around 3000K is very red whereas a value around 9000K is blue light.

Plugging in one of those numbers gives me a starting point; then I tweak the slider.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty---Thank you again for your comments and lessons in light. I am going to have to copy your Mr. Roy G. Biv and print it out. My gray matter insists that I have something in writing in front of me before I can try anything new. Again, thank you very much.
Garry

The Procrastinator's Creed:
1. I believe that if anything is worth doing, it would have been done already.
2. I shall never move quickly, except to avoid more work or find excuses.

Garry's Gallery
Your re-do looks great Gary! Was that taken at Valley Forge?
Wags---Thank you for your nice comment. That is the Glade Creek Grist Mill and is located in the Babcock State Park in West Virginia.
Garry

Garry's Gallery
Really, Garry, all 3 are tremendous. Like Rusty, I would have been just delighted with the original, But I love the reds in the second image. Us mere mortals don't think about wavelengths, just what appeals to us.
~coco~
the view

from here
qcocoq---Thank you for your kind comment. I too like the second one best but I am trying to improve on my skills so I really appreciate Rusty informing me of the different wavelengths. Before Rustys suggestion, I never gave the wavelengths a thought and now I think about it more often.
Garry

Garry's Gallery
Garry: I think you did an exceedently excellent job in all three of them. I prefer them in the order you post them. but the orange one the orthanized one have the best mood for my taste. I also love Parker Orthanized it is an A+++ Portrait and Pier-Moonlit is gorgeous. Your muse was at its best when you did those images. Congratulations!!!
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
Don---Thank you very much for your kind comments. it is greatly appreciated coming from you.
Garry

Garry's Gallery
19 posts Page 2 of 2