Post your before and after pictures here.
11 posts Page 1 of 2
Thanks, Coco, for helping me figure out how to use these plug-ins or whatever they are called! I thought you would enjoy my creation...not even close to how beautiful yours came out, but you get the picture. I wanted to post this so others like me that have never tried to do this kind of thing will just "go for it" and have fun with it as I did!

Before:
bird-before.jpg
bird-before.jpg (29.81 KiB) Viewed 968 times

After:
birdweb.jpg
birdweb.jpg (47.1 KiB) Viewed 968 times

Thanks again for your inspiration and help!

(Not very realistic with these clouds, I know, but fun outcome nonetheless!)
I love it Sela. You did a great job. It's a really cool b4 too.
~coco~
the view

from here
Thanks, Coco. It was fun trying this out. Gotta try other stuff besides portraits, you know! Thanks again for walking me through this!
I love it. What plugin did you use. You did a fantastic job.
Nice work Sela! I would love to see it with the sky and clouds a bit softer, to bring the focus back to the bird. :D
Nice job Sela. Please do tell us which plug-ins you are using.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Hey, thnanks for the nice compliments. This was the first time I used a plug-in and it was a lot of fun.

I got the inspiration from Coco, who created an amazing image with her Bird of Paradise.
The plug-in is from http://www.flaimingpear.com called Flood. Check it out!

Shari, thanks for the suggestion regarding the clouds...I will try that. After I posted the picture I looked at it and it just needed something...I knew the clouds had to be adjusted...but I couldn't figure just what I had to do. I am going to go back and try what you suggested, and it should be just right! Thanks so much!

Edit: tried it again....a bit better, Shari?
birdweb.jpg
birdweb.jpg (42.52 KiB) Viewed 898 times
Thanks Sela, I thought that was what you used. Christell used it in her Mystic Reflection tut. I have Flamingpear's free plug-ins and downloaded flood last night but I can't figure out how to move the reflection down from where the plug-in puts it. (FYI,it is only a 30 trial plug-in, then you have to purchase)

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Kim, when you open the filter "flood," at the top left-hand side of the box that opens you will see
"View" and then the sliders....you move the slider called "horizon," and then you can place the effect where you wish. I had mine set at 62 for this.

I think the little clouds at the horizon of the image is what is bugging me....Gotta fix that!
Oh Yeah Sela, I really like that. So much more focus on your Gull now! Fantastic work! :D
11 posts Page 1 of 2