Post your before and after pictures here.
13 posts Page 1 of 2
Before.jpg
Before.jpg (49.04 KiB) Viewed 1001 times

After.jpg
After.jpg (47.22 KiB) Viewed 1002 times

I have been working on this one for a while. I think I made a rather good improvement. I still need to tweak it a little more before I will be done. I think my sister will be happy with the photo repair she asked for.
Tina B
That must of taken forever. What a great job you did on that.
It has taken me several hours of work to get it this far. The hardest part was the big missing piece at the top.
Tina B
Great job, Tina,

I don't know what all you did, Mike (MRod) did a video tutorial on restoration. I was impressed by what he accomplished using the "Dust & Scratches" filter. I have spent hours with the clone stamp working on every single little speck; that filter removed close to 80% in one click.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Wow Tina, what an exellent job. :D
Wow - how did you go about recreating the missing part of the face?
Tina - I think you did a wonderful job. I haven't tried any restorations yet....a goal for 2008, perhaps.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Wags wrote: Wow - how did you go about recreating the missing part of the face?

The missing face was easy , it was the hair that gave me fits. Since half of the face was still there and the face is usually pretty equal on both sides , I was able to just select the face and copy it. Then turn the face over and set in place. Just a little blur and cloning and the face was done. I had to use hair from one of the other people in the photo to recreate hair . I did know he usually had a center part so I took a hair that was parted on the side and made a copy , rotated the part to the top and put it on his head. Gave him a hair cut with the eraser tool and just kept working with it until it looked ok. I took that darn hair off his head more than once until I got it right. The photo is probably not a good one to be blown up to big but at the size it is it is ok. You can hide lots of stuff just by it not being made to big.
I actually like to do this kind of thing and it always seems to be a challenge and I can not stop once I start. I just want to keep going until I am finished.
More info than you asked for !
Tina B
So impressive Tina! I'm sure your sister will love it (although she'll probably think it was easy for you because you're so good at it!).
~coco~
the view

from here
Tina, outstanding restoration. The next time your sister is going to have a stack of photos she wants fixed.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
13 posts Page 1 of 2