Post your before and after pictures here.
15 posts Page 2 of 2
Wow, Wow, Wow, Wow ! ! ! !

Thank you, Don, for a perfectly illustrated tutorial. Yes, I understand exactly what you are telling me/us. Now, all I have to do is try to train my eye to see like you. ('course, you have 40 years of practice ;) )

Thank you for looking and commenting.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty:
You said "Now, all I have to do is try to train my eye to see like you." My brother I pray the following tips will help you to SEE not necesarily like me but more importantly like YOU.
I call these the Magnificent Seven of Picture Taking. :lol:

1-Always look at the subject; Creating a picture in your mind as to how you would like to see what you are seen this is called Previsualization.
2- Always look at the subject; Don't shoot until you understand what is there that is moving you to take a picture. This will help you analyze your subject and understand your emotions and why you take pictures of what you take pictures. This will help you understand where you are and where are you going and contribute to define your own style.
3- Always look at the subject; From different points of view, right, left,front and back and when possible at different times of the day. This is I call finding the right angle of view.
4- Always look at the subject; Looking to find a 45 degree lighting angle (modeling light) to emphasize tectures and lines definitions specially if people are the subject.
5- Always look at the subject; By Zooming in and out looking for the striking composition.
6- Always look at the subject; Looking for a picture inside your picture like I did in the previous sample of your image.
7- Always look at the subject; more than once and photograph it more than once.
Do this all the time until it becomes a natural instinct.
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
Ah, thank you again, Don,
That is printed now and will be referred to until they all, hopefully, become second nature.

I especially like #2 but it is impossible to think one out ranks another. :D

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Glad to be of help amigo.
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
Rusty,
The intense blue in the photo makes it a winner in color as in black and white. The high contrast black and white renditions are strikingly bold. Tough to pick between the different renditions.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
15 posts Page 2 of 2