Post your before and after pictures here.
14 posts Page 1 of 2
Would you agree that the B&W rendering is more effective?

Neel
That is a truly wonderful B/W, neel
Hello Neel and welcome. I have to say yes. The b&w is makes this one a much better image. Outstanding conversion.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
The B/W is in fact very effective for this image! Looks great. :D
Neel

I am a big fan of B&W, and this one is a feast for the eyes.
Very effective in B&W. Well done.
This too shall pass. Is that so? Maybe.
GAIL
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/18518
Neel,
I definitely agree. A very nice image. I like the fact that both the tree and the man are in focus; it gives it some interest. Also the rendering of the clouds adds that much more. One question, Does the horizon really slope to the right here? The man also seems to be at an angle perpendicular to the horizon. It would be my thought to see what it might look like if it were perfectly horizontal. Just an idea.
Joe
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!
Neel, the black and white definitely adds 'pop' to the image - great shot! I do agree with Joe that a little straightening of the horizon would be a good thing to try. Otherwise, I wouldn't change a thing.
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
Thank you all for your comments, I lost interest in B&WW photos back in the 50's and have again discovered what can be done with a very average color photo, now that we can control the conversion. I had not noticed the out of level was that obvious so here is a corrected horizon of the same photo. Size has been reduced to 800x600 which takes away some of the effect on the right side of the picture.

I like the conversion to b/w, and I like the straightened image best.

Good eye!!!
14 posts Page 1 of 2