Post your before and after pictures here.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
I was off again today for that elusive *steam rising off the water* and revisited my favorite location -- Frame Park in Waukesha. No steam :cry:

I did get a smile from this view...

B&After.jpg
B&After.jpg (106.56 KiB) Viewed 777 times

This would clearly have been improved by a more vigorous application of Don Diego's Magnificent Seven but, it was +3 degrees, I had lost all feeling in the tips of my fingers, was wearing low-cut shoes and, by the time I took this, had lost all interest in moving around for a better shooting angle :D

A better quality version is in my gallery. If you go to look, you will see another one (Mallards) I took today. And, if you follow the Crop Challenges, will see that I shamelessly stole Christell's folding screen layout for the presentation of that.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Oh boy, that looks cold!!! I really like it Rusty. You should of sat on one those benches and then taken a picture. Would of made a nice b--t print, lol
Rusty, nice conversion.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Rusty, that is exactly the kind of image I go for, especially the B&W.

Gordon
Brrr! Impressive conversion. I thought ducks flew south where it's warmer.
~coco~
the view

from here
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you,

Sorry, Suzi, nice idea but too cold to make Sitzmarks :mrgreen:

Coco, most do but quite a number of ducks and especially Canada Geese have become urbanized. They stay here year round mostly hanging out in or near city parks where they have come to expect to be fed.

Rusty

Rusty,
The conversion really makes the snow look more like fresh snow. The color cast of the snow in the color photo just doesn't look right. I'm sure the white balance had something to do with that.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
You're probably right, Chas,
I find snow to be tough. I had WB set to Sunny which, as you can see from the streetlight shadow, it really was. Still, there is an obvious color cast.

My new book talks about how digital sensors start off assuming 18% reflectivity for a properly exposed shot. Thus, snow is going to be underexposed unless you switch to manual or use EV compensation. I'm still learning how to get it right.

If it wasn't so darned cold that day, I would have made a project out of experimenting.

Rusty :D

8 posts Page 1 of 1