Post your before and after pictures here.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
I have made no secret of what a fan I am of Anita's sketch technique (it's in the tutorial section [Westimom]). I had a thought of something I wanted to try.

GoldfinchB&A.jpg
GoldfinchB&A.jpg (100.16 KiB) Viewed 1000 times

Step #2 is to remove color. Rather than using Hue/Sat to desaturate, I applied a filter: Filter > Sketch > Photocopy. That turned that layer to a B&W line drawing. The rest of the steps were exactly as she outlines with one addition. I also followed a suggestion she made at another time: I did her last step twice - once with Poster Edges and once with Accented Edges. The addition I made was one more BG Layer copy at the very top - opacity way down to less than 30% and a Hue/Sat Adjustment layer above that with saturation boosted up to +30. Before i made that addition there just wasn't enough of the original color left to suit my taste.

Thank you again, Anita, I just love playing with that sketch.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty i really like the picture and the sketch.
looks good, rusty
Nice job Rusty. Playing around and experimenting is one of the beauties and fun for me of PSE
This too shall pass. Is that so? Maybe.
GAIL
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/18518
Rusty, I love it. Your sketch turned out so well. I'm definitely going to try your new technique. I really envy you that bird feeder. You've been getting such terrific photos. Keep them coming. :cheer2:

Anita
5 posts Page 1 of 1