Post your before and after pictures here.
12 posts Page 1 of 2
I was poking around today in a patch of woods behind a city park.

These are two shots -- doing the best I could handheld to compose them the same. For one I metered on the "outside", for the other metered on the interior and then processed both in ACR adjusting the exposure accordingly. This is what I started with:

I put both in the same file with the bright one (exposed for interior of cab) on top; selected the windows (or, I should say, where the glass would have been) and the inside snow and deleted.

I'm not convinced that I ended up with the right crop (comments ?) but I like the exposure.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
great job, Rusty. How about more detail as to what you did.
You did a fine job amigo, :thumbsup:
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
Nice job Rusty. I've done similar work, but find it hard to avoid "ghosting" (or what ever it's called) around the edges. I've tried feathering the edges, but still can't get it 100% right. Your image doesn't seem to have any of that.
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
Rusty, I think it looks great. How'd you do it?
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Rusty,
Wow! I don't see how you could do any better than that, working without a tripod.

I think what you've done is pretty much made a High Dynamic Range image. Multiple exposures for different parts of the image is really useful sometimes.

Didn't you do something similar last year with some of your church photos?

Steve
My Gallery: Mostly In Focus
The Owl of Minerva takes wing only at dusk
Thank you all,

I did try this on occasion with shots taken inside my house and replacing the window view, don't recall any church stuff - maybe.

I was lucky to have nice, angular window shapes. Selection was quite easy. For those requesting more detail...

I put the bright image on top. The outside was so blown out, one click of the Magic Wand got almost all the window opening. I cleaned it up with the Polygon Lasso and then feathered the selection 2 px - key Delete and that section disappears. Move over to the next bright section. Went quite easy. A more difficult shape to work with would have complicated the selections.

After I was all finished, actually after I posted here, I realized I had a halo along the left window top edge. I thought it was a selection error that left some of the bright sky. Nope, it was a sharpening error that I didn't catch at the time:

I will have to redo that and mask off that small part of the image.

Thanks again for looking and commenting,

Rusty

Great job Rusty. I have never thought to do anything like that before.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Rusty, that's great. Like a tutorial. But, what is the vehicle within which the picture is taken? It looks interesting.
This too shall pass. Is that so? Maybe.
GAIL
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/18518
Gail,
this looks like an old, illegal, midnight junkyard. No one lives on the property, hey, it's woods, but that's one of the joys of being an absentee property owner.

I have a dozen shots of "vehicles in the snow"; still trying to figure out what to do with them. This shot was a panel van of some sort, probably for local deliveries (milk ?).

Rusty

12 posts Page 1 of 2