Post your before and after pictures here.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Thought I'd try my hand at faux miniaturization.
Chas
DSC_0134-1.jpg
DSC_0134-1.jpg (49.11 KiB) Viewed 993 times
DSC_0134-2.jpg
DSC_0134-2.jpg (27.8 KiB) Viewed 993 times
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
good job, chas. I have seen several tuts on that but never got up the nerve to try it
Thats pretty cool Chas.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Pretty slick, Chas. How do you go about doing that?
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Glad you like it. I saw a tut on Photoshop Roadmap web site. It used a gradient layer which I couldn't figure out how to use. So I improvised....Open photo and dup the background layer twice. Highlight the second dup layer and go filter>blur>gaussian blur. I set it at 10 pixels....15 was too high for my liking. I then unclicked the background layer (no eye icon). Then merge visible the two dup layers. Choose a soft eraser about 125 pixels.
Then erase the blur away to reveal the sharp object (homestead) beneath. Then click on background eye icon and flatten image. If you have a street scene with buildings in the distance.....this is a great scene to try this effect.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Chas,
I really like that. I've copied your instructions and I'm going to give it a try. Thanks!
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
6 posts Page 1 of 1