Post your before and after pictures here.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
A before and after single shot of a cactus garden. Before is underexposed and the after picture is using a new filter I am trying which simulates HDR through the use of a single frame. Not certain, but I am guesssing that I could have achieved the same or similar results just by playing a little bit with PSE. Your thoughts please.

Neel
neelmcc wrote: Not certain, but I am guesssing that I could have achieved the same or similar results just by playing a little bit with PSE.

An interesting question. The answer is Yes. I experimented some with your original and came up with this:

I first applied Auto Curves with SmartCurve (Layer 1). Then I used a filter called Transparent Shades, in inverted mode (Layer 1 copy). I increased the size of this layer and pulled it over to the right some, to create some more dramatic lighting. The layer is in Overlay mode at 58%.

I upped the Contrast by +15 and "merged visible" into Layer 2 so it could be sharpened.

Juergen
Looks great both of you...what filter did you use,neel?? I have a hdr filter also wondering if they are the same
Just thought you'd like to know about HDR....there is a tutorial on the Photoshop Cafe web site. You can also buy a CD at the site all about HDR. And no,I don't work for that site...... :biggrin:
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Thanks Chas, I will look at it. This is something I would like to try
5 posts Page 1 of 1