Post your before and after pictures here.
15 posts Page 1 of 2
I saw this guy when we were in Reno and just had to take his picture. Of, course I had the setting all wrong and it came out terrible. I have been trying to save it. What do you think? any suggestions on how to make it better are MORE than welcome. Feel free to play..if you need larger image or raw just holler!!!!

Suzi, I recall a post on the other forum. Somebody had an out of focus shot of a deceased family member she wanted to try to save. The best results I saw were two or three different sketch techniques. You might want to try that.

Orton is another idea - your first one even looks like that has been done to it.

Nice shot; it's worth attempting something.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
suzi , i love the photo and wanted to play.

I know someone with the skills could clean up what i did. I just could not get it right , but you get what i was trying to do.
Suzi,

Don't know what you are trying to correct here - white/colour balance or focus.

I used the Levels eyedroppers to correct for colour balance and then Focus Magic which improved things a bit.

My usual aproach is to try to get the best Image I can, then decide where to go with it in terms of artistry.

First step - white balance/colour correction

suzib.jpg
suzib.jpg (196.42 KiB) Viewed 1045 times

Second Step - Focus Magic

suzib2.jpg
suzib2.jpg (209.43 KiB) Viewed 1043 times
John
Thanks Rusty, Judy and John for responding.
Rusty, I will try a sketch effect
Judy, I like what you did
John, the color correction and focus is what I want trying to attempt. What is focus magic??
Suzi,

Found it at http://www.focusmagic.com

Trial download gives you 10 images processed, then shuts down until you pony up $45.00 for a registration key.
John
Thanks, John. I will check it out.
This is the method that I got from another site..still fine tuning this one

Step 1
Duplicate the image
Step 2
On this duped layer, leave it set to normal and rum the Emboss filter. In the filter, set the height to 3 pixels and the amount to 100%. The Angle can be any direction that looks best to you.
Step 3
Set to Overlay and move the Embossed layer by first selecting the Move tool and using the Arrow keys to move the image one click at a time.
Step 3
Duplicate the original again.
Step 4
Drag this 2nd duped layer and place it above your 1st embossed layer. Leave it set to normal.
Step 5
Run the Emboss filter again on the 2nd duped. But this time, play around with the angle AND the Pixel height.
Step 6
Again, once you've achieved a desired looking Embossed effect, set this 2nd layer to Overlay. Choose your Move Tool and move this 2nd layer around using the Arrow keys one click at a time until you achieve as focused image as possible.
Suzi,
I had a tut about sharpening out of focus photos that used PS. At the time I was using PSE3 and couldn't do the tut because it used color channels which I didn't have. If I can find it I will post the website i got it from. I found a better tut for sharpening that uses PSE. http://www.photoxels.com/tutorial_sharpen_display.html
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
that would be great, Chas. Hope you find it!!!
Here is one I did using Chas's link, also levels, a cooling photo filter and brightness and contrast. Did some cloning and a heavy de-noiser. Is it looking better?? Leave it to me to screw up one of my best shots while in Reno!!! but going back for the big rodeo in June so will get lots of cowboys.

15 posts Page 1 of 2