Post your before and after pictures here.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Opinion, Comment, Critique ... please

I was out today, downtown where the Milwaukee River is a block or so from emptying into Lake Michigan. The river has a riverwalk and this has become a pretty happening place for the with-it people to live. I tried all sorts of angles -- I wanted the contrast between the big, tall buildings of downtown (well, OK, they are considered tall in Milwaukee) and the retro, funky, urban renewal area of the Third Ward.

Riverwalk-Before.jpg
Riverwalk-Before.jpg (129.9 KiB) Viewed 1091 times

Riverwalk-After.jpg
Riverwalk-After.jpg (136.61 KiB) Viewed 1091 times

I never could get what I wanted so I used Correct Camera Distortion to introduce vertical distortion.

Any thoughts? Is this an idea that worked or an idea destined for the trash can?

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
rusty , it worked real well. I had to look at them both a few times , i really like what you did to it. Much more appeling.
the second one is much more interesting, Rusty. Well done
I agree - the 2nd one is more interesting. It's like you are looking up at the buildings. Neat idea!
Okay, I'll stick my neck out here. Rusty, you had a great idea, but I find it a bit overdone. I would personally like to see a version with a bit less "lean" to it. But I have to repeat...great idea. :idea:
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
Rusty, Speaks well for your willingness to experiment. You know "old dogs learning new tricks, etc.". I don't have a strong reaction one way or the other, but can think of some applications of what you've done. good effort. :thumbsup:
This too shall pass. Is that so? Maybe.
GAIL
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/18518
Thanks, y'all,

Reka, you may be right -- they sure do curve in a lot :D The bridge is such a strong horizontal feature, it makes selection pretty easy. Several lampposts don't match up, but I wanted to see what a "normal" bottom looked like below the buildings.

Riverwalk-Blend.jpg
Riverwalk-Blend.jpg (186.31 KiB) Viewed 979 times

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
I like the idea of using the Correct Camera Distortion filter in that way. I did a couple of interior shots (post-renovation) and used it to straighten some verticals. Easier than the Transform tool, too.
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
8 posts Page 1 of 1