Post your before and after pictures here.
22 posts Page 1 of 3
I have this cute little picture that I was sent...I scanned it in but it looks blurry! Can anyone help me?? Here it is:Image

I also have this one:Image This one my hubby took..don't know why it turned out blurry...I've never really had that happen with my digitals. :help:
I'll comment on the second one first. It appears to me that the picture was taken with available light (i.e., no flash) and that the shutter speed was too slow to be handheld. Not much you can do about that at this point; no amount of sharpening will take out that much motion blur, I fear.

With respect to the first picture, I might suggest adjusting your scanner properties to a higher ppi and perhaps applying a little sharpening. It's soft, but not really blurry - I believe you can make it look better.

Hope that helps some...
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
Terri - Walter Plummer started a thread re scanner resolution.....you might want to watch it. Other than that, I don't have an answer other than to check your scanner settings.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
It did thank you very much! I remember now...they said No Flash during this baptisim...makes sense...

I'll try that other with the scanner. :thanks:
I commented on this same subject once before ... what somebody posted in our previous forum about an out of focus photo -- one of a kind 'cause it was a deceased family member.

The great solution that somebody (Butch) came up with was turning it into a sketch. The kid ain't gonna be baptised again, you can't reshoot it. Try making it a sketch (look in the Tutorials Section of this forum and give Anita's method a try).

You may be pleasantly surprised at what you can do.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty wrote: I commented on this same subject once before ... what somebody posted in our previous forum about an out of focus photo -- one of a kind 'cause it was a deceased family member.

The great solution that somebody (Butch) came up with was turning it into a sketch. The kid ain't gonna be baptised again, you can't reshoot it. Try making it a sketch (look in the Tutorials Section of this forum and give Anita's method a try).

You may be pleasantly surprised at what you can do.

Rusty
Oh Rusty, I hadn't thought of that! Great idea...I'll Try that!
Sunny or Rusty, I have a Microteck 5 Wizard Scanner...I tried reading in the thread you posted...I need to reset mine...I have the standard...do I click on the Purpose button...I'm still not sure how to change my default to 300...guess I better know what I'm doing...
I tried one pic...it said 300 at bottom
another at 96 so obviously I need to change the resolution of that to 300. :help:
I'm sorry - I have an old HP ScanJet 5200C scanner that I only use for making copies. I don't know anything about a MicroTech.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Chuck_S wrote: I'll comment on the second one first. It appears to me that the picture was taken with available light (i.e., no flash) and that the shutter speed was too slow to be handheld. Not much you can do about that at this point; no amount of sharpening will take out that much motion blur, I fear.

With respect to the first picture, I might suggest adjusting your scanner properties to a higher ppi and perhaps applying a little sharpening. It's soft, but not really blurry - I believe you can make it look better.

Hope that helps some...

Not sure how to change yet on my scanner the properties...will keep looking...In regards to sharpening...what's the best way to do that....I use PSE 6
Terri, this is what I do. Open image, duplicate layer, run Rusty's unsharp mask (20,60,0) then do all my tweeks, merge all layers, duplicate layer again and go to filters>other>high pass with a setting somewhere between 3-5 blend mode soft light, then lower the opacity if needed. Hope that helps. I am sure other members do it different ways, so hoopefully they will post also
22 posts Page 1 of 3