Post your before and after pictures here.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Not sure if I posted this before and after. If I did, just skip this. If not, here is what I did. I took this photo of the flower of the African Tulip Tree on the Road to Hana in Hawaii. Such a beautiful flower, but the background was way too prominent. So I used a tutorial I found on the other Elements forum to blur the background and not have the halo effect.

Before:

After:

Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

"Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose." -Evan Esar 1899-1995
"a tutorial I found on the other Elements forum"........

Any chance of a link to it? I'm sure many here would like to see it.
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
I had to do a search for the thread, so hope the link works.

Try this:

http://www.elementsvillage.com/forums/s ... +extractor

geoff_chalcraft wrote: "a tutorial I found on the other Elements forum"........

Any chance of a link to it? I'm sure many here would like to see it.
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

"Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose." -Evan Esar 1899-1995
Here is the link to the actual tut..it is on retouch pro

http://retouchpro.com/tutorials/?m=show&id=244
I don't know how much of a difference it would make, but looks like that one was written for Photoshop. In the other forum, Les does put in the link to this tutorial, but he makes it more simple, I think, by changing it for Elements.

suzib wrote: Here is the link to the actual tut..it is on retouch pro

http://retouchpro.com/tutorials/?m=show&id=244
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

Thanks Suzanne, and SuziB - I've been collecting tutorials for a few weeks now, in text form, so can keep them in a folder for future use. The very detailed tutorial for Photoshop was also very good but my Favorites/Bookmarks list is starting to get enormous, even when broken down into subjects.
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
I agree with you Geoff. I finally got smart after I couldn't find the tutorial I was looking for in my favorites. I now copy and paste into Microsoft Word - some I print off and put in a binder, others I just save to a special folder in Word for tutorials. I also found after saving them, that a lot of them start with the word "making", so I've had to go in and change the wording on the title to make it easier to find. Love to work on new tutorials. I don't have Photoshop, just Elements 6. A suggestion for people who post tutorials: 1) state whether it is written for Photoshop, or Elements, or 2) if it is for Photoshop, maybe put in a work-around for Elements. Just a suggestion IMHO.

By the way, Geoff, love your Home Page - great shots!

geoff_chalcraft wrote: Thanks Suzanne, and SuziB - I've been collecting tutorials for a few weeks now, in text form, so can keep them in a folder for future use. The very detailed tutorial for Photoshop was also very good but my Favorites/Bookmarks list is starting to get enormous, even when broken down into subjects.
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

Very pretty, Suzanne........how nice that you got to go to Hawaii.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
8 posts Page 1 of 1