Post your before and after pictures here.
21 posts Page 2 of 3
I am sending you another screenshot, hope this helps. Make sure that the levels adjustment layer is highlighted and that you click on the mask part of that layer. You will see an outline around that mask if you are on it. Also make sure you have the brush colors set to B/W as shown in the screenshot. and are using the right brush as circled. Also check the settings at the top of screen..normal mode, opacity 100%. When you are finished make sure you put the opacity on thr black layer back to 100%. You might want to do that once in awhile when you are painting that way you can see if you made any mistakes. If you did change color of brush to white and paint over the mistake. Zoom in real close and use a small brush around the part you want to show.
I will be gone for a few days but if you have any problems just holler real loud and someone will be along to help you out. I would start a new thread with your questions also that will get it noticed faster!!! Label it HELP!!!! lol

I finally did it!!!! Now I have to practice with the painting and make it a whole lot better!!!

Thanks so much for all your help. Terry
I am so glad that you got it going!!!! You are going to have to show how you are doing
This is the original photo before changing the background black.

I noticed that on the flower is not as bright as the original....did I do something wrong? Is there something I can do to brighten it?

Terry,

I downloaded both images and then loaded one on top of the other to change the layer blend mode to difference. When I do that, the flower turns black indicating that there is no difference from the pixels of one to the other image.

So, what you are experiencing is a bit of an optical illusion.

If you want to brighten the flower up, you could use a Levels adjustment layer - Layer, New Adjustment Layer, Levels and move the white slider (the one on the right) to the left slightly.
John
Thanks John for your reply! I thought I did something wrong but now I see it's OK.

John I just added Terry Gallery.....but I do not see it listed like your's "My stuff". How do I show it in when I am on the board?

Terry
Terry,

You have to put it in your signature line – which you are not currently using.

Click on User Control Panel, then the Profile Tab, then the Edit Signature.

Mine looks like this:

John

My Stuff

Yours should be

Terry

[ u r l = h t t p : / / w w w . v i o v i o . c o m / p h o t o s / g a l l e r y / 2 7 1 1 6 ] T e r r y ’ s S t u f f [ / u r l ]

without the spaces!
John
It's not working.....I did as you said.....but it's not showing up!
Terry,

It is now, but take out the spaces. If I put them in, it looses the details and turns it into a clickable link.
John
Thanks John it took a little time but I got there.

Thanks again.

Terry
21 posts Page 2 of 3