Post your before and after pictures here.
18 posts Page 2 of 2
Sunny, as we say in Texas:

"You're burnin' daylight!!" :D
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
I'm back - didn't snooze long.

Here's the thread: http://photography-on-the.net/forum/sho ... p?t=147144. User RAitch is very helpful. It's a long thread, but I bookmarked it so I could refer back to it. There are a lot of good, common-sense things in the thread. BTW, there are a lot of interesting threads on the POTN site, particularly for Canon users.

I think the picture of the dog was user error. I had the camera set to tungsten but was in an unlit room. I have to remember to look at all the obvious settings when I turn the camera on and not just start taking pictures!!! Charles, I've dumped the pictures, so I can't tell you the settings (other than what I put on the composite photo of the dog pictures). I've been trying to play in AV and M modes to learn the relationship of the settings to each other. The thing is, I don't keep most of them.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Thanks for the thread, Sunny.

I've always tended to leave my WB on Auto. I do have some experiences where I set it to one of the fluorescent settings for an indoor shoot without flash, then promptly forgot. The ensuing outdoor shots were a little bizarre to say the least.....thank goodness for post-processing!
Chuck
Chuck,
You should see the terrible results our engineers come up with when taking photos in the chemical plant I work in. Although it really isn't their fault. We have a combination of different light sources. Sodium,mercury vapor and others. Tough lighting for auto white balance for sure.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
chas3stix wrote: Chuck,
You should see the terrible results our engineers come up with when taking photos in the chemical plant I work in. Although it really isn't their fault. We have a combination of different light sources. Sodium,mercury vapor and others. Tough lighting for auto white balance for sure.
Chas

Chas, I'm thinking it's probably error on the part of the engineers.... :biggrin:
Chuck
Just giving them the benefit of the doubt,,,,,,, :rotfl: But then,I'm only a lowly instrument tech. :D
Chas
Chas's Gallery
chas3stix wrote: Just giving them the benefit of the doubt,,,,,,, :rotfl: But then,I'm only a lowly instrument tech. :D
Chas

Chas, 35 years ago I was an operations supervisor of a large catalytic cracking unit. Our instrument tech - Jack Morrison (never forget him) - was our MVP. Saved us from shutdowns many times! You are part of a truly noble profession!!
Chuck
Thanks, Chuck. Coming from you, that's quite a compliment. Thanks. Been in the instrument repair business for 35+ years. We just went through four supervisors in the last three years....none of them knowing what I do for a living...:( My current supervisor is from the steel industry. Happily,he knows my job....:)
Chas
Chas's Gallery
18 posts Page 2 of 2