Post your before and after pictures here.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
My Mom has held on to this photo for 89 years. It was a little worn. Original photo was wallet size, about 2.5 x 3.3 I scanned it at 1200 and did a lot of cloning. I was thinking of doing more such as removing all color and changing contrast, but I thought it should have the old look and feel. Besides, this is not easy and I am getting tired.

Joe

Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!
Joe,

Looks like you are spending quite a bit if your time working on old memories!

I agree with you on the old look and feel - it looks right and not something that has been spoofed.

Great stuff!
John
Joe, Don't you just love old photos especially family members. You are doing such great work on restoring yours. It must have brought tears to your mom's eyes after finishing this one.
Christell
Christell's Creations

PhotoSHOP, PhotoSHOP till' you drop...

A photograph is a moment frozen in time...

PSE7 & PSE8.....Nikon D60, D200 & D300
Joe, you did a great job on this. I've been enjoying seeing your restorations of old photos of your mom. I'm also doing some old photo restorations, and like you, I'm trying to keep the old photo look.

I've taken some that were hand colored back when that was a fad, and returned them to B&W or Sepia. Then I keep both versions, the original as scanned, and the one restored without the coloring.

Seeing your excellent restorations helps inspire me to keep working on mine.

alpha
You did a wonderful job on that one, Joe
An excellent job :)
SUE'S PICS http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19799
PSE 7 & PE 3/Lightroom2.4/ Windows Vista Nikon D80 -1 in 4 is mentally unbalanced. Take a look at 3 close friends-if they seem OK-then you're the 1. My friends seem OK - I must be THE ONE
Joe,
another great restoration. I agree that old photos should look old.
Kev.
Kev's Gallery

Dogs have masters. Cats have servants

Windows 7, PSE 9, PSP12
Everyone, thank you for all your wonderful and encouraging comments. My Mom really appreciates my work, but then again, she is my Mom, so she is biased. It's nice to know that you also appreaciate the work involved. These are my first attempts at restoring old photos, and it is more work than I had originally anticipated. I have several more to do from various stages of her life. My plan is to give her a photo book for Christmas with all of these old photos along with the new ones I took at her 90th birthday party. Lots more work to do and so little time.
Joe
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!
That's a wonderful restoration of your Mom's photo, Joe.

Anita
Great job joe. Restoring can be a lot of hard work. Your mom will love the book.
10 posts Page 1 of 1