Post your before and after pictures here.
18 posts Page 1 of 2
I shot close to 400 pictures of my Oklahoma grandkids this past weekend. I shot the majority in manual and in open shade. My camera is set to "neutral" with no in camera sharpening or color boost. I should have switched to RAW but didn't. I just downloaded the pictures and ran a couple through Elements to see how I did. Here are a couple of before and afters.......please let me know what you think.

Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Sunny, i actually like all four shots. And you have an very handsome model.
Thanks, Judy. My daughter thinks the after shot against the bricks really shows his freckles.......but, then, he's got freckles! I've got a long way to go, but what I'm happy about is not getting raccoon eyes from bright sun. Got to love shooting in open shade. Here's one more I just did. Image

I'm done messing with them now until my daughter tells me which ones she wants processed.....there are way too many for me to do them all. :D
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Really very nice, Sunny. You are doing great.
I like them all!! Look how far you have come!! :woohoo:
The first one has a little too much red in his skin tone.
I haven't used Elements in so long... does it have color balance?
just tone down the red. You can select just his face and tone down that part without effecting the rest.

I had to go searching for this... Check this out and try it on your images. I have started using it on a bunch of my portraits. :biggrin:
http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/ ... p-by-step/
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Thanks, Suzi and Kimi. I'm really tickled to see your comments. Kimi, I see the red you're talking about. When I did a soft light layer, I should have reduced the opacity more, because it really bumped up the red. These were just playing..........if/when Kerry wants something printed, I'll try a lot harder. Thanks for the link. I remember reading it but haven't played with it yet. I'm going to print it out so I have it handy for the next image I do. Thanks again.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
You have good images to work with, Sunny,
When you know which ones to spend time with I think you'll get good results.

Kimi, I think the PSE version of what you are talking about is Enhance > Color > Color Variations; then you just click away to add more of less of specific colors.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Wow Sunny - you have some great photos of your grandchildren. Your daughter will be SO happy with the final results. I can see you've come a long way with your new Canon! Good for you. I love the way the "after" photos are so bright and clear. Can't wait to see what you come up with after your daughter makes her choices.
[size=150][b][color=#4000BF]Linda[/color][/b][/size]
[url=http://www.tootie501.blogspot.com][color=#0000BF]my blog[/color][/url]
[url=http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/?user_id=14677]EIGHT galleries and counting...[/url]
Thanks, Linda. I'm determined to learn how to use the Canon well and will keep practicing on my processing, too. I appreciate the feedback.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Sunny, they all look just wonderful! And you have it easy with those cute models! I can see I am going to have to find an equivalent to those or Kimi's Sophie and Grace or I can never post any portraits here! :biggrin: :bigwink:
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
18 posts Page 1 of 2