Post your before and after pictures here.
12 posts Page 1 of 2
what do you think?

It's the look I was after, but maybe I don't know what looks good. I do see a brownish area on her chin that shouldn't be there.

PS - Her mom is my daughter, so it's no big deal that I disagree. :rotfl:
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Well, maybe it is a little bright - nice effect, but it doesn't appeal to everybody. If you use Photoshop or PS Elements, can I suggest you duplicate the background and, on that layer copy, change the blend mode to Multiply and reduce the Opacity to around 80%. Additionally, you could go to Enhance > Adjust Color > Adjust Color for Skin Tone. Take a 'reading' with the eye dropper on a darker tone (like on the cheek) and it should work. Of course, the original may be fine as it is. A little cloning on the chin would be ok. Low opacity, subtle alteration, soft edged brush first and then firm edge brush to get the chin outline.
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
I agree with Geoff, just a little. I do think the eyes might be too over done, though. But it is what you like that counts the most.
maybe a little...

I brought it into ACR and used the temp slider to warm it up. Used curves to darken a tad and added a little blush to her cheeks.

and yes, I think the whites of her eyes are a bit over done.
hope this was ok?
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Funny - I didn't touch the whites of her eyes........must have been the screen layer. I reworked it a little. I did a color cast adjustment, but it didn't change.......I must have had my white balance set correctly for once. :) Also cloned her chin a little, reduced opacity of that, used a multiply layer at around 45%, cropped a little more and did no further sharpening.
IMG_2472.jpg
IMG_2472.jpg (157.48 KiB) Viewed 2158 times

Better?
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
I like that Sunny, the adjustments are nice.
Thanks. I'm pretty pleased with it. My daughter likes it better, but she doesn't like the picture...says she was holding her mouth funny. I'll take more when they come for Thanksgiving. Out of the 3-400 pictures I took, there are probably 20 or 30 worth messing with. Oh, well, it was fun.......never had done a photo shoot before. I'll keep practicing......both camera work and processing.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
From the home page, I was immediately caught by this picture and went to your gallery. I noticed the rather pale face and found it was well suited to the shooting angle and strong composition. I would not have been tempted to to change it until I read your post. (I would only have 'burnt' the shoulder in the right which is too bright for my taste). Your edit is very good. If you want to please your daughter and lighten slightly the shadows under her lips that should not be difficult with some dodging. Did you think about adding a frame?
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Very nice, Sunny. I think the second version looks good.
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
Thanks for commenting, Michel and Reka. Michel, I rarely ever even think of adding a frame. I guess I would if I doing it for a web gallery or portfolio, but anything I do along this line I'm thinking of a print, which would end up in a real frame. I really liked the pale face presentation too, but this is all about learning. Imagine the money I could save my daughters if I got good enough to take portraits of the kids. :woohoo:
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
12 posts Page 1 of 2