Post your before and after pictures here.
31 posts Page 1 of 4
I can't find a "how-to" section for this. Could one of your great people show me how I can fix his skin. I have tried everything and can't get it right. I really appreciate any help I can get. If a larger image is needed let me know, ok

Suzi,

Great picture.

Depends on how far you want to go - too far and you loose the character.

Here is what I did.

Opened in Camera Raw and did a white balance tool click on grey area of beard.

Created a new blank layer.

Used the color sampler eyedropper to select the skin color of a good patch of skin.

Switched to Brush tool, used a soft brush and set the brush opacity to about 30%

Clicked on the new blank layer to paint color back into the areas I thought you might be trying to fix. (Guessed)
John
That looks good, John. I have the raw file can I do the same thing in LR as you did in ACR.
Hi Suzi........ I've done another version, a little more dramatic...

A few touches in TopazAdjust...... contrast boost and slight increase in saturation. Placed a very sharp layer on top, in Multiply at 50% opacity and merged.
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
I like the overall effect, Geoff but how can I clean up the red spots on his face.
I didn't add the red, Suzi, so I suppose it must have been lurking there. I would think that if you run a Hue/Sat Adjustment Layer over the top, and select Reds, and desaturate a little. Then do the same with Magenta. I'm going to try that and put it up again. ok - here goes........

[edit] Removed link to first version, which has now been replaced, see above [/edit]
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
Suzi, I used clear skin fx on this. I can't remember who posted the link on here, but here is the linkhttp://www.mediachance.com/digicam/cleanskin.htm
That is all I did to it, but I feel sure that by using some masking you could get some great results.

Suzi,

If I shot in Raw I do it with white balance in ACR. If I shot in Jpeg I could open it "as NEF" in Raw but what I usually try is Enhance > Adjust color > Adjust color for skin tone

Suzi's Skin.jpg
Suzi's Skin.jpg (157.8 KiB) Viewed 1730 times

This seldom gives me a "good and final" but it is a starting point that saves a lot of blundering around. You can play with the Tan and Blush sliders and follow this with levels -- using the color channels -- and/or Hue/Sat and possibly Bright/Contrast and/or even Adjust for color variations.

But, I always do the "skin tone" bit first. As I say, it saves me a lot of wasted effort attempting to figure out what works.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Many thanks to all of you, you have all given me a good starting point. I will play hopefully tomorrow and post so you can see what I have come up with.
Suzi, here is a link to ASD with two threads where Jen posted quick easy tuts to fix skin in CS, it can be done in Elements too.

http://artisticscrapdesigns.com/forum/s ... rchid=1092

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
31 posts Page 1 of 4