Post your before and after pictures here.
28 posts Page 3 of 3
The date is October 7, but the size is 10,686. My camera doesn't have RAW, so I think I'll just stick with 4.2.

MichelB wrote: Can you check in the path described that the Camera Raw.8bi file is from October 7th and its size is 10941 bytes? That's what you should obtain when you unzip your download.
Side note: version 4.2 is ok for processing jpeg files.
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

"Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose." -Evan Esar 1899-1995
As a matter of fact, you have the right size as well as the right date. That's not so important since version 4.2 is ok, but there may be an older file still somewhere in the Elements 6 folder... that has already been stated on other posts.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
I checked. The only things in the "File Formats" folder are: BMP, JPEG2000,TARGA, CAMERA RAW, PCX, WBMP, FILMSTRIP and PIXAR. Unless you think it may be somewhere else.

MichelB wrote: As a matter of fact, you have the right size as well as the right date. That's not so important since version 4.2 is ok, but there may be an older file still somewhere in the Elements 6 folder... that has already been stated on other posts.
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

"Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose." -Evan Esar 1899-1995
MichelB wrote: I am convinced that in your case starting with ACR is the best and easiest way. One advantage is that if you can nail a good conversion for one shot, you can process the others keeping the 'last conversion' option.

Thanks Michel. Using ACR and changing the white balance is working very nicely. :thanks: I look forward to playing with yet another tool.

Thanks.
Danny

--------------------------
Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D; PSE 5; Windows XP

A brave new step:
My Flickr galleries
My much smaller but growing PrestoPhoto picts
Suzanne, the Camera Raw .8bi file should be in.....
C:/Program Files/ Adobe/ Photoshop Elements 6.0/ Plug-Ins/ File Formats/

My file (which is 4.5.0.175) is dated as 7/24/2008 and weighs in at 10,634kb.
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
I found it in the path you mentioned. The latest ACR is still on my desktop. I haven't unpacked it yet, but will probably tomorrow. Since my camera does not shoot in Raw, what I have may be enough (4.2). I open JPGs in RAW through the editor.

geoff_chalcraft wrote: Suzanne, the Camera Raw .8bi file should be in.....
C:/Program Files/ Adobe/ Photoshop Elements 6.0/ Plug-Ins/ File Formats/

My file (which is 4.5.0.175) is dated as 7/24/2008 and weighs in at 10,634kb.
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

Ah, Suzanne........go for the latest and greatest! :bigwink:
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
I'm working my way through this one. Took awhile, but finally found how to open in Camera Raw. Need to do the download first, but may have questions along the way. You people are amazing.

Tennie
28 posts Page 3 of 3