Post your before and after pictures here.
28 posts Page 1 of 3
Found a fix for hazy photos on another forum. Ctrl j, then multiply. That's it! Simple, and it works.

Original:

Un-hazed:

Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

"Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose." -Evan Esar 1899-1995
Looks good, Suzanne. Thanks. S
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Sunny, this was taken near Jasper, in the Buffalo River Valley. Are you familiar with that area? Absolutely beautiful.

sarch99 wrote: Looks good, Suzanne. Thanks. S
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

"Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose." -Evan Esar 1899-1995
Nice tip, Suzanne, thanks
Using the multiply mode will darken and saturate already dark parts, that's why it's effective in this type of image.
Just for fun, you can do this opening the jpeg in ACR:
hazyACR.jpg
hazyACR.jpg (238.35 KiB) Viewed 1610 times
hazySET.jpg
hazySET.jpg (168.18 KiB) Viewed 1610 times
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
swalkr wrote: Sunny, this was taken near Jasper, in the Buffalo River Valley. Are you familiar with that area? Absolutely beautiful.

We hiked down there one time years ago - Lost Valley - really pretty.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Michel, thanks for the input. I don't have ACR, but looks like it would be a good program to have.

MichelB wrote: Using the multiply mode will darken and saturate already dark parts, that's why it's effective in this type of image.
Just for fun, you can do this opening the jpeg in ACR:
hazyACR.jpg
hazySET.jpg
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

Suzanne,
If you have Elements version 5, 6 or 7, you have ACR, which is the raw conversion module included in the Elements package. If you shoot only jpeg, it is normal that you never noticed it...
However, this module maybe useful even with jpegs, as with this example. I don't remember in which newsletter I wrote about it, I'll check it later.
To be able to take advantage of ACR (Adode Camera Raw), you may have to update to the latest version of ACR.
You can open a jpeg from the editor, from the menu file/open/open as (not 'open'), then choosing the 3rd option 'Camera raw...' This will show you the dialog shown in my post.
If you are interested, tell us which version of Elements you are using, Windows or Mac... so that we can give you the update path on Adobe's site.
Using ACR with jpeg may not be necessary, but it may be very useful with difficult lighting, highlight recovery and fill light, very contrasty scenes, color casts and bad white balance.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S

Mes Galeries
Aha! Did not recognize. the acronym. I've looked at it several times. I don't have that option in my camera, but I understand you can open a jpg photo in ACR. I have Elements 6, Windows platform.

MichelB wrote: Suzanne,
If you have Elements version 5, 6 or 7, you have ACR, which is the raw conversion module included in the Elements package. If you shoot only jpeg, it is normal that you never noticed it...
However, this module maybe useful even with jpegs, as with this example. I don't remember in which newsletter I wrote about it, I'll check it later.
To be able to take advantage of ACR (Adode Camera Raw), you may have to update to the latest version of ACR.
You can open a jpeg from the editor, from the menu file/open/open as (not 'open'), then choosing the 3rd option 'Camera raw...' This will show you the dialog shown in my post.
If you are interested, tell us which version of Elements you are using, Windows or Mac... so that we can give you the update path on Adobe's site.
Using ACR with jpeg may not be necessary, but it may be very useful with difficult lighting, highlight recovery and fill light, very contrasty scenes, color casts and bad white balance.
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

Ok...
Suzanne, if you want to give it a try, the latest version for Windows is here:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/ ... ftpID=4042

The advantages of ACR with jpegs are in the FAQ of Newsletter 7, June issue.

Anyway, if you don't have the latest version, you have a version which can open jpegs, so that you can have a look at what it does.
Michel B

Mes Galeries
28 posts Page 1 of 3