Post your before and after pictures here.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm still scratching my head attempting to figure out how to shoot the bridge I like. Don't think this is the "last word", but here's what I tried today.

I'm not sure if those are sky pictures or bridge pictures. What do you think, is the sky too overpowering in B&W?

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
A great looking study,Rusty. You've covered all the bases. Some sky, with others, bridge and sky. I'm impressed.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Rusty i like them all , you give a different view of each that makes them each very interesting.
Wow! The only one I don't like is the first one. The others are all my faves! :love:
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
A local magazine that we read arrived in the mail today. Here's another take on this interesting subject...

Bridge - Jeff Weber.jpg
Bridge - Jeff Weber.jpg (141.35 KiB) Viewed 1341 times

You know from prior posts, I go to the "gallery night' walk that takes place every three months here. I have seen work by this man almost every time ... always impressive. If you have the time, look at his galleries: http://jeffweberphoto.com/portfolios.htm

When you open the individual 'topics' it is not immediately clear that "click thumbnails" means to click the little boxes on the left side -- they don't look like thumbnails to me but, what do I know :biggrin:

I think his work is wonderful. What I probably like the most is that, for 80%-to-85% of his images, I look, admire and think, "I know where he took that; why can't i have enough imagination to 'see like he does'."

This is why I always go to the quarterly 'Gallery Nights'. If I keep looking and learning I have hopes I can "learn how to see".

Rusty

This is weird for me to say but I love the first one in color. The sun rays are wonderful.
Yeah, Suzi, I agree.
I think the first one really is more of a sky picture than a bridge image.

You know how when, so often, you look at an image on the screen and immediately thing, "Gee, I wish I had..." Well, I get those "I wish" moments all the time. When I look at the last image posted, as well as several not posted, I sure wish I had thought to try some shots stopped down to f/22. Conditions were such, I might have gotten a sun star. Oh well, next time.

Rusty

Keep trying.....you'll find that certain perspective you're looking for and it will all come together and you'll have a shot every bit as good as the one in the magazine. I think developing our artistic, creative vision can be the hardest part of photography. Especially for one (me for instance) that tends to think in straight, literal lines a bit too often.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
8 posts Page 1 of 1