Post your before and after pictures here.
13 posts Page 1 of 2
I was wandering around Waukesha yesterday, by the river. It was a pretty, bright day but darned brisk with temps in the low 40s. I usually like B&W for my street photography. Had the pullover been anything other than bright, bright red I wouldn't have hesitated.

DSC_2744as shot.jpg
DSC_2744as shot.jpg (212.6 KiB) Viewed 1333 times

DSC_2744muted.jpg
DSC_2744muted.jpg (209.61 KiB) Viewed 1333 times

DSC_2744b&w.jpg
DSC_2744b&w.jpg (204.19 KiB) Viewed 1333 times

Thoughts? Comments?

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Ahhhhhhhhh, Rusty, these are my kind of shots. For me, of course, I love the B/W
I like the first one. And agree with your comment that it is only because of the bright bright red sweatshirt. Nice shot.
Danny

--------------------------
Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D; PSE 5; Windows XP

A brave new step:
My Flickr galleries
My much smaller but growing PrestoPhoto picts
Great composition,Rusty. I like the second color version and think the b&w version is marvelous.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
I think it looks great, Rusty. Have you tried LR Red Light District preset on it?
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Thanks, y'all.

Sunny, I don't know what that is. If "LR" signifies something to do with lightroom, I don't have Lightroom. Or, if "Red Light District" signifies something else, I didn't get the impression she was that kind of lady. Remember, this was downtown Waukesha in the early afternoon!

Rusty :biggrin: :biggrin:

Oh, I thought you had Lightroom. It's a preset...might also be available for ACR - not sure. If I find it, I'll send you the link. Anyway, I think it's a great picture.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Wow!!!! I like all of them, especially the B&W...
Did you us the Kimi Kreative #38 for the b&w or
do you do something different...
What every it is, done very nicely
Thanks for sharing
blemaire
It's the little moments that make life big.
Nikon D200
They all are great, Rusty. I really like the first one and the second one. The 2nd one has more subdued colors and is very striking.
Thank you both. Nothing terribly complicated or exotic here.

For the second one I used a Gradient Map adjustment layer for a quick conversion to B&W. Then I put a duplicate of the BG layer (color) on top, changed the blend mode of that to Multiply and adjusted opacity to suit.

For the B&W I used PSE5's "Convert to black and white" clicking 'more red" and 'more blue' each once. I put a sketch layer on top (Filter>Sketch>Photocopy) and changed the blend mode to Multiply. All I was after there was just a bit of emphasis on the outline parts of the image, not a full fledged sketch. I had to use the eraser tool on the sketch layer to clean up some unwanted "static" introduced on her face by the sketch filter.

Rusty

PS - if you like 'psycho thrillers', she was reading one of Patterson's novels. :D

13 posts Page 1 of 2