Post your before and after pictures here.
11 posts Page 1 of 2
I put my before and after picture together into one file ... lets see how that works. I really love the Orton effect. I usually use it on black and whites, but think this color shot turned out nicely.

Courtney

It turned out very well, Courtney.
Yes, that's almost a magical effect. On many images I will try Orton, shrug and delete. On that one it was perfect.

'Course, my favorite little model in upper-right corner adds appeal for me. :biggrin:

Rusty

PS - be careful, you might be accused of being a Bad Momma for letting him out on that rock.
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Courtney that is an awesome effect for that picture. Mystical it brings out the wonder he must have felt on the big rock overlooking everything. Nice shot, nice treatment.
That turned out very nice. I like the sunny,ethereal feel.

Hmmph, Courtney, I suppose you let him cross the street by himself and cut up his own food too!!! You really should be reported. :evil:
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
Thanks for the nice comments, everyone.

We didn't let him out on that bluff by himself - I photoshopped out the leash I had on him. Ha, ha, just kidding. Cutting his own food, yes. Crossing the street by himself, no! He's just turned 4 and we live in a big city. He isn't a big picture kind of kid; he likes the little details. So rather than being impressed by the grand view, he was excited to throw pebbles off the bluff.

Before I had my son I used to post a lot on PhotographyReview.com. A few of the moms with little kids who posted only ever posted shots of their kids. I always knew before I clicked on one of their pictures, that it would be of their kid(s). Now I am that mom! I will try not to bore everyone to tears with constant shots of my son, and in this one he really isn't the subject, just a useful prop really.

Courtney
That turned out really well. :thumbsup:
Bored to tears ... nope, looks like you have to take a lot more pictures of the young man.

Also, like the Orton Effect, nicely done.

:wave:
Dane
-------------------------------------
Knight Reflections

My Flickr, not the horse
-------------------------------------
Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?
Wow, that looks so good. I have to try the Orton on a B&W, never tried it before.

My stomache jumped when I looked at the photo on Pixentral and saw your son there. I would have been to much a wreck to the photo if it was my son. And we will never bore of shots of your son. We love pictures of children.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
:rotfl:

Thank you Courtney!!!!!!!!! My daugher now can "smell" my camera coming out. (9 yrs old..) she breaks her neck to get in EVERY picture. You gave me a great laugh, I will now refer to her as my 'prop' that should cool her JETS a little and allow others in the picture.

You do great with your son in the photos. And I suspect his Grandpa enjoys seeing him pop on his screen from this forum. Makes for a better Holiday gift from your dad..........
11 posts Page 1 of 2