Post your before and after pictures here.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
My 13 YO granddaughter taken Thanksgiving day by her younger sister. I wanted to try to save this, so here is the original and my attempt. Any suggestions?

Tennie

edit: Looking at it here I can see the face coloring is off (and the nose is too big). Guess I should give up on these.

Attachments

Hope you don't mind but I worked with this alittle to see if I could fix some of the blur. Don't know if this is better or not.

Jordyn%20original-copy.jpg
Jordyn%20original-copy.jpg (69.09 KiB) Viewed 1508 times
Suzi,

What an improvement. How did you improve the blur? Did you add a fog filter?
I know most blurred out photos are a lost cause, this one photo was not completely blurred.
Maryb
Oh yes, a definite improvement. I'd really like to know the 'how' also. I have another photo of this one's twin and younger sister with blur that I'd like to save.

The kids did take some good pictures, but a few...........

Tennie
Tennie, this was done in CS3
image duplicate
filter>sharpen>sharpen edges, did this twice
merged
duplicated
filter>sharpen>smart sharpen (advanced, default,55,2.7, remove lens blur
Edit>fade....here I played with slider until I got something I liked.

another thing I did that I did not post was on top of the above
duplicated the top layer..inverted
filter>other>high pass sharpen at about 100
added a layer mask and painted back in the hair and stuff, left face alone but you might want to do the eyes
added a levels adjustment layer and played with sliders
Hope this helps
Thanks Suzi. I'm stuck with PSE, but will look to see what I have, some things sound familiar. Also I got the hidden Elements so may be able to work with that too.........haven't played around enough with them. I copied your steps to try.

Tennie
6 posts Page 1 of 1