Post your before and after pictures here.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Restored a picture of my dad (in the army). All criticism welcome :)
Sue
SUE'S PICS http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19799
PSE 7 & PE 3/Lightroom2.4/ Windows Vista Nikon D80 -1 in 4 is mentally unbalanced. Take a look at 3 close friends-if they seem OK-then you're the 1. My friends seem OK - I must be THE ONE
You did a fantastic job. The spot on the sleeve is a little dark still. Maybe clone with a little lighter area. But it looks wonderful.
Super! That spot on the sleeve isn't too obvious unless you look at the original first.

My only thought is where you cloned out the white line by his right cheek. I think that painting that with black would have been better---it's part of the chin strap of his hat. But that is really being picky. Nice work and love the sepia look. :thumbsup:

Tennie
Nice work! I love the sepia look too.
Very good job. Surprised you saved it as a GIF, though...... you'd make a smaller file size and a bigger image by using jpg.
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
Looks great, Sue
I think your restoration looks great! But why did you get rid of the writing? That makes it so personal and sweet.

Courtney
Most excellent result.
The sepia tint is perfect

Rusty

PS - I agree about saving the inscription if you can.
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
I commented on this in the rolling gallery. You did a wonderful job with this, Sue, and I agree that the sepia is perfect for this.

Anita
9 posts Page 1 of 1