Post your before and after pictures here.
35 posts Page 2 of 4
Very nice job, Michel and what a handsome model you chose
Suzi,
Don't make me blush any more...
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Oh, I love that. Thanks for the link. Will have to practice for sure......Michel, are you available as model? LOL

I'd do it on my husband but he has deep ravines where the wrinkles should be. Maybe I can con a friend into this although most run when they see me with a camera.

Tennie
tennie wrote: Oh, I love that. Thanks for the link. Will have to practice for sure......Michel, are you available as model? LOL

I'd do it on my husband but he has deep ravines where the wrinkles should be. Maybe I can con a friend into this although most run when they see me with a camera.

Tennie

Tennie, you can use the 'original' in my gallery to practice...
Finding models willing to be photographed may be difficult, but most of the time people would like a flattering retouch for their portraits! Most cameras have 'faithful' or 'neutral' modes: that's the last thing models want! Like me, you may have to handle the portraits of older parents (my mother and mother in law, 86 and 87), teen-agers with acne, or old male friends with reddish skin and deep wrinkles. It should not be difficult to find matter for practicing skin editing.
If you look at forums like retouchpro, you'll find amateurs as well as so-called 'high-end retouchers'. Communication between both groups is not always what it should be. When dealing with a retouch, first choose the style and look you think will be good for you and the model. Don't be mislead by those high-end retouchers who spend whole days on a single image; image of a good-looking star, with professional make-up, taken with first-class lighting by expert photographers. You'll learn many techniques to deal with all kind of problems: wrinkles, grunge, stains, red vessels, acne, loose hair etc. Most of the time, this leads to files with multiple layers and masks to deal with individual defects. A forum like this may be very useful to learn how to deal with each type of skin defect: this was a good example by Suzi.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Suzi it looks great! :woohoo:
I went to try the method and do not understand what to
do at the end, trying to learn, please help!
Thanks
blemaire

Layer/ Layer mask/ Hide all

Use the white, soft brush, 50% opacity and carefully go over the bits you want to smoothen out.
It's the little moments that make life big.
Nikon D200
If you are using CS3 add a layer mask and fill it with black. Then use a soft brush (foreground color white) lower the opacity of brush to around 50% then paint on the mask over the face to smooth the face or hide blemishes. If it is to much use a lower opacity or not enough make the opacity higher.
Am putting a screen shot here hope it helps. If you have more questions give a holler

Suzi, thanks for posting the link. I just used it on a photo of Chance from Christmas morning. Teenage boy with acne and dark circles under the eyes from staying up too late playing Xbox. I posted the finished photo in the Make Art Monday thread.

Nice job Michel. Very handsome and a man after my own heart, doing the dishes. lol

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
I just saw it and it looks great. I love the background you made.
Thanks Suzi. The background was simply using a soft brush and picking the color of the wall and painting out the Christmas tree and sofa behind him. I used a peeling paint brush a tad darker than the wall and reduced opacity. The instruments are brushes are well. The text is Aeorsol, rasterized the layers and filled with color.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Where did you find the peeling paint brush, Kim??
35 posts Page 2 of 4