Post your before and after pictures here.
16 posts Page 1 of 2
John, I tried a quick play with the link you send me and all I can say is WOW. I know I can do better than this with more playing but had to show you!!!

before:

after:

Link to video:
http://www.msjphotography.com/index.php ... -lighting/
that is fantastic Suzi
Thank you, Judy. Just 5 easy steps!! I am going to see if it can be done in elements but not sure. Need a B/W adjustment layer. I know 5 doesn't have it. I bet Michel, could figure it out. Ohhhhhhhhhhh, Michel!!!
I dont think i have a b and w adjustment layer in pse4.
Looks Good.

I tried it with a Saturation Layer (desaturated), bit couldn't find a good candidate to try it out on. Possibly add a Brightness/Contrast layer in elements to give the B&W a little punch?
John
Thanks, John, can't wait to try it on some of my street close-ups!!
Wow Suzi, that is great. I have to see that video, going to check it out now!
suzib wrote: Thank you, Judy. Just 5 easy steps!! I am going to see if it can be done in elements but not sure. Need a B/W adjustment layer. I know 5 doesn't have it. I bet Michel, could figure it out. Ohhhhhhhhhhh, Michel!!!

This was a discovery by Grafi who offered this addition in his blog... It has also been offered in the Elements + package. You can use the CS B&W adjustment layer in PSE6. With the Windows version, you can change the settings. Adobe realized this and disabled the ability to change settings in the Mac PSE6 version! If you can't find the link to Grafi, I'll post later a link to a small PSD with a B&W adjustment layer you can drag over your working file.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
i tried it out in PSE6 on my granddaughter. I have Graffi's B&W adjustment layer. But I don't think Elements has the ability to add a Smart filter, so I had to keep going back and redoing the Gaussian blur until I was happy.

Thanks for the video link Suzi & John.

Bayla
Bayla wrote: i tried it out in PSE6 on my granddaughter. I have Graffi's B&W adjustment layer. But I don't think Elements has the ability to add a Smart filter, so I had to keep going back and redoing the Gaussian blur until I was happy.

Bayla

You can add a smart filter in Elements with the Elements + package of Andrei Dubrowski. It's far from being intuitive, but it can be done, even with 3 filters on a layer... I find this smart layer trick to be the most interesting part of the tutorial because it enables tweaking local contrast (here gaussian blur) as easily as in an adjusment layer.
The black and white layer can be replaced by a hue/sat orgradient map one since there is no action on colours.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
16 posts Page 1 of 2