Post your before and after pictures here.
24 posts Page 2 of 3
Rusty, that is great!!!
I love the texture you got on the red and the feeling on the white. I will suggest you continue to play with that texture in flowers and other things.
If I have to take only one today I"ll take the red. Why? How about looking for the picture inside the picture on the red flower?

BTW, where can I find Anita's tut?
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
Ok, in the spirit of sharing and motivating to experiment here is why I choose the red and not the white flower. Because the red had the picture withing the picture and the white did not. First my instint told me so, second I copied both of them (Rusty, please forgive me.) and work in both of them but the white flower did not produce any results (personnaly)that I like.

Attachments

Shalom,
Don
Don, that's wonderful. I appreciate the reminder - complete with illustration - to keep looking for the picture within the picture.

Anita's paint technique is in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=160

She also told us once that the effect is more pronounced on smaller, lower resolution files. I usually resize (smaller) a copy of the image before starting. She also once commented that if a contrast boost is needed, it works well after the Diffuse Anisotropic filter and before Unsharp Mask

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty i love them both, they give me two totally different feelings. My favorite is the white.
Don i love what you did.
Brother Rusty, I'm glad you got my point. That's the important thing to keep in mind.

On this example I try to ilustrate that:
1- The flower to be a flower don't have to be the entire thing that just part of the flower is as much flower as the whole flower. Is like a portrait, you take a picture of the face and shoulders but you still have the picture of the entire person in your head you don't see half a person when you look at the portrait you see the person in his/hers totality. Nobody come to you or me asking where are his/her legs? They accept just the face as a total.
2- One of the things I strive for is that the flower can be a flower and a lot of other things at the same time depending on how you treat it.

Glad you got my poit hope others benefit from this as well.
Happy to give a hand,
Don
Shalom,
Don
Don Diego (don't know why, but your name always makes me think of Zorro), anyway...love the illustration of the picture within. I really liked the red one because I thought it had more 'depth' but never thought of it any other way.

Rusty, thanks for the link. Now what and where is 'Diffuse Anisotropic filter' and I hope it's not just in full Photoshop. :pray:
The white one looks like a painting. It gave it a smooth, flowing look to it. They re both nice results.
Christell

Don, You have a great mind & eye to see what others cannot. Your flower crop is just amazing. A picture in itself.
Christell's Creations

PhotoSHOP, PhotoSHOP till' you drop...

A photograph is a moment frozen in time...

PSE7 & PSE8.....Nikon D60, D200 & D300
Tannie, that's whom I'am, don't tell no body :D
Z

Christell, you stated "Don, You have a great mind & eye to see what others cannot. Your flower crop is just amazing. A picture in itself."
I respect you Christell as one of the must sensitive and creative artist I know, so this is a real complement comming from you. Your words humble me, thank you amiga. What ever I'am and whatever I do to HIM be the glory.
Thanks and God bless,
Don
Shalom,
Don
Tennie,

It is a "standard" filter within Elements... Filter – Stylize - Diffuse - Anisotropic.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Thanks Rusty, guess I didn't dig deep enough.
24 posts Page 2 of 3