Post your before and after pictures here.
14 posts Page 1 of 2
I was pleasantly surprised how well this shot cleaned up. I never expected it to de-haze so well. I took it at the zoo through a very unclean window. In PSE I used multiple Unsharp Mask passes and then a boost to the saturation. It's too bad about that over-exposed rock in the foreground. I tried to darken it a couple ways... maybe I need to use a texture on it. Hmmm

Courtney

Attachments

Looks great. Aww just clone the rock out.
Looks good, Courtney! I think this is an image that calls for a vignette to cover up that rock.
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
Courtney, very nice indeed! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
Nice save Courtney. Beautiful shot of the tiger too.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Judy you and I are thinking the same :toast:
I said "just clone it out" and boom there was your response.
:thumbsup: Hey nice clean up Courtney. I really like it. clone the rock out and then a nice sketch or painting.
It is a beautiful picture, Angela great minds think alike ! The wonders of photoshop we can never look at photos the same again i had i think they called it a 110 film camera.
Nice shot Courtney.

I tried a bit of touch-up. Ran the PSH defog 3-5 times and painted the rock with a brown sampled from the tiger at about 55-60% with a wet media brush called 'paint on rough texture'.

Hope you don't mind my playing with your kitty.

PS. If you don't have defog, you can go here to get it.
http://www.photographyschoolhouse.com/phototalk/showthread.php?t=139

Attachments

Thanks for the feedback and good suggestions everyone. :)

tennie, I don't mind at all that you played with the photo. I tried painting with a color selected from the tiger too. Great minds...! But my result was not nearly as good as yours. I also no longer have any Wet Media brushes. Somehow while adding new brushes, I managed to pooch the file because now if I try to select that category, I just get an error:
"Could not load the brushes because the file is not compatible with this version of Photoshop."

Weird, I have no idea how I did that.

Edit -- OK, now that's really weird. I just went back to PSE and my Wet Media brushes came up when I switched back to the brush tool. I'd gotten that error message over the course of days, PSE being opened and close numerous times... Cue Twilight Zone music! That's the kind of error I like - the ones that magically fix themselves.

Courtney
Courtney, I'm glad your brushes found their way home!

I have to say that when I first got a computer, my son--the programmer--told me that computers can only do what you tell them to do. Man, is he WRONG! Every one we've owned has a mind of its own.

Anyway, I got started playing with the brushes through the challenges and Kimi's lessons. Then added in working my way through the tuts. I had never realized that some of the brushes that came with PSE would add a texture along with the color (or erasure). That's why I thought to use it on your rock---and I have a rock of my own that will be getting it next.
14 posts Page 1 of 2