Post your before and after pictures here.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Good morning! I downloaded and the jacobs ladder action and played with it a bit last night. Pretty cool. I Don't think it will work in elements though since it changes your image to a 16bit format. I'm having to convert the color afterwards so that elements can load it into the organizer. There is an RBG action included though if anyone wants to try. I'm using the cielab option in CS3.

Anyway here is a before and after and the link at the bottom will take you to a few more examples for anyone wanting to see. :D

jacobs ladder gallery
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/37991

link to post with action info/link.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5679
Michelle K.
My Gallery

PSE 5-6, CS3
Sony DSC H1, Canon Powershot A590 IS
Very nice, Michelle
So lovely, what a difference. I have pse4 and it does not work in it but i tried.
PS/CS cannot do much more with 16-bit than PSE can. I'd think that if you had a 16-bit file the action should run on it. You cannot use Layers with a 16-bit file in PSE, but quite a lot of the "Enhance" menu items can still be used.

Where is this "Jacob's Ladder Action"?
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
Geoff, the link is under her pictures in this post
Very nice!
Here's an interesting method for correcting colour in PSE without the Action.....

Duplicate the Background

Go back to the Background and run a Levels Adjustment Layer. This will now appear between the two images.
Do nothing to the Levels for now, just OK it.

Go to the top layer (Background Copy) and go to Filters > Blur > Average. You'll get a solid colour on the layer. Now put this layer in Overlay or Soft Light Blend Mode (actually I prefer the Soft Light). Your picture is visible again.

Go back to the Levels Adjustment Layer and double click on the control, so you re-open the Levels dialog. Select the Midtones eye-dropper and click around the picture until you find what you feel is the best colour balance. Now turn off the visibility of the top layer (the average, or blurred layer).

When you're happy, flatten as usual...... you will be asked if you want to flatten only the visible layers.... you can. (The Average layer will have done its job by giving the Levels adjustment something to work on, so once you've finished with it it can go).
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
thanks Geoff.
WAO!!1 great job Michelle.
Michelle,from where did you downloaded that action?
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
The link to it is right beneath the second picture. I use this all the time and just love it. You can get some cool effects too. :woohoo:

Have fun!
Michelle K.
My Gallery

PSE 5-6, CS3
Sony DSC H1, Canon Powershot A590 IS
10 posts Page 1 of 1