Post your before and after pictures here.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
This is my neice Michelle. In PSE I used Gaussian blur and then cutout in the aritistic filters. My question is how do I sharpen the features like her eyes and mouth up? I played with all the sliders and this is the best I could get. Thanks.

Tom
DSC08883abcd.jpg
DSC08883abcd.jpg (70.83 KiB) Viewed 1389 times
DSC08883aabb copy.jpg
DSC08883aabb copy.jpg (51.95 KiB) Viewed 1389 times
I downloaded your 2 images and did a quick play. I think you are wanting the eyes and mouth more defined, right. Not know how proficient your are with elements and if you have downloaded an add-on layer mask, here is what I did.
One problem is that the 2 images are not the same size, so using the transform tool I got them pretty close. I put the cut-out layer on top of the other layer. Then with the eraser tool set at 10% opacity, I erased around the eyes and mouth to bring them back a little. Is this what you are looking for??

DSC08883aabb-copy.jpg
DSC08883aabb-copy.jpg (69.79 KiB) Viewed 1376 times
Yes, thank you Suzi. The reason they were'nt the same size is that I forgot to save the background image I had just cropped out of the original. Thanks again.
Tom
Make sure you duplicate the original first because using the eraser tool will destroy the duplicate. Hope this helps and welcome to the forum
Hey, Alabamyman,
Welcome to our fun forum. Where 'bouts in the Heart of Dixie are you from.
(don't let my current Wisconsin address fool you)

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
5 posts Page 1 of 1