Post your before and after pictures here.
14 posts Page 2 of 2
I am spending a bit of time reading about art appreciation. I found this interesting recently: they studied people walking around a Chicago art museum and found that the average person spent 7 seconds looking at each painting. They found that people with a deeper appreciation for art and art critics spent an average of one hour looking at a painting and often times came back another day to study the piece again. They summarized that the 7 second people were gathering information about the painting and moving on. This is going somewhere......
.... I love the tight crop and colors in #3 I looked at it for a long time (not an hour...busy mom and all....) but it intrigued me and made me smile. The first one I will admit I zipped by the first time I saw it. Tighter crops seem to produce an image that causes people to want to unwrap the image and look for all the levels and pieces. If you give it to them on a silver platter (not cropped so tight that it is recognizable) you get the 7 second zip by. I love what you are doing with this image Rusty. Thanks for the share.
Love the second one Rusty! The lines on the first one seemed a bit harsh. I was more drawn to the second one and it's unusual lines.

:thumbsup:
Michelle K.
My Gallery

PSE 5-6, CS3
Sony DSC H1, Canon Powershot A590 IS
The late Roberto Alberty, a Gugemhim (I know this is not spell right) scholarship recipient whos work is at the metropolitan in NYC and other important museums and art collections. Thought me that an artist should never have to explain his/her work but rather let the observer interpret his/her work.

One day while on an oppening of one of his shows a lady aprouch him to ask him about one of his paintings. He reply to her something like this "If I need to tell you what it is I should had written a poem or an essay and not a painting." I thought he was a bit tuff to the lady but he was 100% right. Some people want evrything on a silver platter and many are insensitive. IMHO some people need to learn to see with their heart not with their eyes.
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
dondiego wrote: The late Roberto Alberty, a Gugemhim (I know this is not spell right) scholarship recipient whos work is at the metropolitan in NYC and other important museums and art collections. Thought me that an artist should never have to explain his/her work but rather let the observer interpret his/her work.

One day while on an oppening of one of his shows a lady aprouch him to ask him about one of his paintings. He reply to her something like this "If I need to tell you what it is I should had written a poem or an essay and not a painting." I thought he was a bit tuff to the lady but he was 100% right. Some people want evrything on a silver platter and many are insensitive. IMHO some people need to learn to see with their heart not with their eyes.

I think Mr. Alberty was tough on her, and rather high on himself! Maybe she had already formed her view of the painting and was curious to know if it was anything at all like what he had in mind when he painted it. And then if he had taken the time to have a discussion with the woman, she might have learned a different point of view and it might have opened her eyes to appreciate the painting more. Or maybe she did "get it" and would have been happy to know that. Instead she probably felt embarrassed and afraid to approach another artist ever again.

I do know what you're saying, Don Diego. I'm not trying to attack your idea. I'm just saying Mr. Alberty wasn't being very polite.

Courtney
14 posts Page 2 of 2