Post your before and after pictures here.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Still working on portraits.. Here is a before and after of one I did of Jordan today.

IMG_1289.jpg
IMG_1289.jpg (51.26 KiB) Viewed 1432 times

IMG_1289_edited-2 copy.jpg
IMG_1289_edited-2 copy.jpg (50.29 KiB) Viewed 1432 times
Michelle K.
My Gallery

PSE 5-6, CS3
Sony DSC H1, Canon Powershot A590 IS
I think you did a nice job of clipping the image from the original background. That is hard to do when there are shadows, making it hard to distinguish background from subject. Nice job adjusting the Dress, it looks very natural, how did you do that? You made the colors pop with saturation - kinda like Pop Art. The eyes might appear a little too processed - although that seems to go with the Pop Art style - I sometimes unintentionally over process the eyes in my portraits making the whites a little too white and the eyes a little too sharp. But I think overall you created a much improved image from the original. Nice job.
PS Elements 6.0 & CS4
Canon Rebel Xsi
Canon G11
iMac 24" 3.06
Wow, very nice. Great job of isolating Jordan from the background. I am also wondering how you adjusted the dress, it looks perfect.
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!
Good job, Michelle but I think I can see some blue around her shoulders and neck.
Nicely done Michelle. I too see the blue over bleed on the neck and shoulder.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Nice work, Michelle!
Good Morning everyone!..

On the blue you see bleeding over the shoulders.. that is actually an overlay. Without it she is rather yellow and the pink of the dress is more subdued. I did go back in and remove more of it over the the shoulder area though. I had just reduced it over her with a masking layer but not too close to her edges. So done and thank you!

On the eyes... I did do them a bit much on purpose. I wanted them to stay the center of attention and not bow down to the brightness of the dress. Is it too much?

The basics of what was done to this was a lab correction for exposure and increased color saturation abit. Used pen for extraction. Used hue / adjustment to turn stairs blue and then gaussian blur. For Jordan I duplicated the layer applied diffuse at half opacity. Duplicated cut out again and placed over diffuse layer blend mode set to saturation. Then a couple of overlays to help blend and get the color the way I wanted.

For the dress.. actually a pretty easy fix. Cut a section of the top of the dress and copied to new layer. Held down the ctrl key while transforming to pull points seperately from each. Aligned the dress section to go from strap to strap. Masked out parts of the patch that I didnt need. Made 2 copies of this layer. Set one to multiply and one to lighten. Usesd layer masks on both to created shadows and highlights on the patch to give an illusion of the contours.

Glad you all like it! Here's my final..

Attachments

Michelle K.
My Gallery

PSE 5-6, CS3
I continue to be impressed on how you did the dress adjustment, based on your descriptions of all the edits you sound very knowledgeable of layers. Very impressive, great job!
PS Elements 6.0 & CS4
Canon Rebel Xsi
Canon G11
iMac 24" 3.06
I am impressed at how easy you make it sound. As for her beautiful eyes, they are the main subject in this image as they should be. I really like what you did with the eyes to make them the center of attention and, IMHO, they are not overly processed.
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!
Thanks and glad to know the eyes work. Layers is the one thing with PS that just clicked right away for me so I'm a layers fanatic. Hard part was getting a computer that could easily work with file size rediculous.. but DH got me there.

Thanks again for everyones feedback!
Michelle K.
My Gallery

PSE 5-6, CS3
10 posts Page 1 of 1