Post your before and after pictures here.
11 posts Page 1 of 2
Here is my Before and After. It didn't need a whole lot, some cropping, minor levels, sharpening, and a little touch up on her skin, eyes, and lips, and saturation tweaked up on the color clothing and shoes. The eyes are probably a bit too sharpened, they start to look unnatural if you over-do-it.

Attachments

PS Elements 6.0 & CS4
Canon Rebel Xsi
Canon G11
iMac 24" 3.06
Very well done - and a beautiful subject!
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
Chuck_S wrote: Very well done - and a beautiful subject!

Thank you, she's my youngest Daughter - and its nice to have models on hand ;)
PS Elements 6.0 & CS4
Canon Rebel Xsi
Canon G11
iMac 24" 3.06
Well, I sure wish I had good looking models around.
You did a good job on this ... hope to see more of you here.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Nice job and beautiful model.
Very nice! I think that for this smaller size image the eyes look about right to me, but then again, I also tend to over sharpen eyes. If this were printed in a larger format, you may be right in that they need to be toned down slightly. I noticed that you may have over sharpened the entire image as well, there is a hint of a halo around her hands and legs. Have you tried using the high pass filter to sharpen this image? It is one excellent way to sharpen without the halos.
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!
Joe_Kostoss wrote: Very nice! I think that for this smaller size image the eyes look about right to me, but then again, I also tend to over sharpen eyes. If this were printed in a larger format, you may be right in that they need to be toned down slightly. I noticed that you may have over sharpened the entire image as well, there is a hint of a halo around her hands and legs. Have you tried using the high pass filter to sharpen this image? It is one excellent way to sharpen without the halos.

Thank you, yes I need to try that, I have read about that technique before but never used it as of yet. The hint of a halo may have been introduced when I sharpened the image yet again after scaling the image down for posting here. You make a good point, sharpening can easily be over done.
PS Elements 6.0 & CS4
Canon Rebel Xsi
Canon G11
iMac 24" 3.06
Well done. And welcome to the forum.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Hello and welcome to the forum, looking forward to more! :thumbsup: Job well done! Your daughter is beautiful!
Wonderful portrait, and welcome to the forum.

Anita
11 posts Page 1 of 2