Post your before and after pictures here.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
I was really impressed by how well this plugin works. When Jordan was a baby we got our first digital camera back when I was dangerous with a camera in my hands and it had a whopping 1.4 mp. So needless to say all my baby pics are the cell phone quality these days..

Anyway I tried the topaz denoise on a few photos and was highly impressed. Not the most 'realistic' final image but certainly more usuable than the originals in many cases. This is a before an after of the worst of the bunch. The last pic is using CS3 noise filter.

3w Jordan butterfly 3.jpg
3w Jordan butterfly 3.jpg (91.53 KiB) Viewed 1980 times

3w Jordan butterfly 3_edited-2.jpg
3w Jordan butterfly 3_edited-2.jpg (63.62 KiB) Viewed 1981 times

3w Jordan butterfly 3_edited-1.jpg
3w Jordan butterfly 3_edited-1.jpg (61.28 KiB) Viewed 1977 times
Michelle K.
My Gallery

PSE 5-6, CS3
Sony DSC H1, Canon Powershot A590 IS
This is another example. This pic is more representative of what most of my old pics look like.

Frilly 5.jpg
Frilly 5.jpg (64.23 KiB) Viewed 1980 times

Frilly 5_edited-1.jpg
Frilly 5_edited-1.jpg (45.14 KiB) Viewed 1978 times
Michelle K.
My Gallery

PSE 5-6, CS3
The last set looks really good.
I agree, the Denoise photos are clearer. I bought Denoise because of the number of old photos I've been trying to restore, it's been a great help. Glad to see it's helping you too.
Is that the De-Noise which is part of Adjust or as a stand-alone plug-in/filter? I find the Noise Reduction in Adjust to be excellent, particularly if you need to remove jpeg artifacts - though it's pretty slow.

I find that Adobe De-noise filter, in ACR and Elements, to be almost useless.
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
I'm so tempted to get this software. Every couple of days I go back and have another look and think - no it can wait a while longer.

Michelle your results are great.
Michelle E

Michelle's Gallery
Scrapbook Pages
PSE5/PSE8/Windows XP
Panasonic Lumix FZ18
geoff_chalcraft wrote: Is that the De-Noise which is part of Adjust or as a stand-alone plug-in/filter? I find the Noise Reduction in Adjust to be excellent, particularly if you need to remove jpeg artifacts - though it's pretty slow.

I find that Adobe De-noise filter, in ACR and Elements, to be almost useless.

You can add CS3 to list of useless noise filter.. lol And this is a stand alone plugin.

I'm currently on the trial but this is one I will purchase. I have sooo many baby pics that this will save.. lol
Michelle K.
My Gallery

PSE 5-6, CS3
Nice examples of the baby pictures. Great technology... it really makes a huge improvement.

I'm glad you reminded me about this... I purchased a Topaz bundle at the last Mac World in S.F. since they had a special show price for 4 sets: Adjust, DeNoise, Simplify, and Vivacity. However, my home machine was only a G5 so I couldn't use them at home :( , I could only try them out on my Intel based MacBook Pro work machine. So I'm excited to finally be able to use them on the home system I just purchased, now that you have reminded me - I'm going to install them this morning.

Attachments

PS Elements 6.0 & CS4
Canon Rebel Xsi
Canon G11
iMac 24" 3.06
8 posts Page 1 of 1