Post your before and after pictures here.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
This was a fun project. Photo and enhancements, compliments of morguefile.com

Attachments

Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

"Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose." -Evan Esar 1899-1995
Great job on this, Suzanne
Thanks Suzi. The hardest part was the fireworks selection - took FOREVER!
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

"Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose." -Evan Esar 1899-1995
Very nice image, Suzanne. I have always had trouble going from night to day.

The fireworks selection should have been the easiest part of the process (this assumes you have bright fireworks on a dark blue or black sky). Just make a rough selection around "the burst" with the lasso tool and put that onto a layer. Drag that layer onto your target file and change the blend mode to screen.

Look at this...
Fireworks.jpg
Fireworks.jpg (146.15 KiB) Viewed 1326 times

On the top image you see a black blob where the layer is sitting; that's normal blend mode. On the second image you see what happens when the blend mode is changed to screen. Everything disappears excepr the star burst.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty, thanks for the "heads up" on how to do the fireworks. I'm going to try that out. I used the magic wand and clicked on each color to select it, but it didn't always get everything. Love the tips that come from experienced people like you! Thanks again.

Rusty wrote: Very nice image, Suzanne. I have always had trouble going from night to day.

The fireworks selection should have been the easiest part of the process (this assumes you have bright fireworks on a dark blue or black sky). Just make a rough selection around "the burst" with the lasso tool and put that onto a layer. Drag that layer onto your target file and change the blend mode to screen.

Look at this...
Fireworks.jpg

On the top image you see a black blob where the layer is sitting; that's normal blend mode. On the second image you see what happens when the blend mode is changed to screen. Everything disappears excepr the star burst.

Rusty
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

5 posts Page 1 of 1