Post your before and after pictures here.
23 posts Page 2 of 3
Here is a oil painting effect
Painted dog.jpg
Painted dog.jpg (76.05 KiB) Viewed 762 times

Tina B
Looks like Tina and I had the same idea.

I did a paint on a mask with a wet brush and then put it in FotoSketcher for an oil effect. Didn't realize I had left the frame option checked.

FotoSketcher - large copy1.jpg
FotoSketcher - large copy1.jpg (138.04 KiB) Viewed 752 times

suzib wrote: that is a small image to work on, how did you enlarge for an 8x 10 print??

sky copy.jpg

Hi Suzi, Thank you for the nice looking B&W version. That looks very sharp with ideal contrast. May I ask what you did?

For enlargement, I'm doing what Btj reminded me, "that a file be flattened, made into a smart object, change from 8 bit to 16 bit & use the bicubic smoother to upsize, set at 10% increase & gradually increase. Then flatten the file again, before returning the mode to 8 bit."
PS Elements 6.0 & CS4
Canon Rebel Xsi
Canon G11
iMac 24" 3.06
bjt, Thank you. Those look great, the vignette adds a nice element. It has been a fun and challenging little project.
PS Elements 6.0 & CS4
Canon Rebel Xsi
Canon G11
iMac 24" 3.06
Tina, Thank you. The Oil Painting effect really makes it look like brushed art. Very nice.

Tennie, Your image looks like you took a picture of a piece of framed and matted art. Another very nice rendering. Now I know how I should frame and matte it. Thank you.

Thank you everyone, very much appreciated. As a side, I am downloading all the examples and will be showing the variety of ideas and versions that you all generated - he will be flattered.

Thank you.
PS Elements 6.0 & CS4
Canon Rebel Xsi
Canon G11
iMac 24" 3.06
thank you, sky. I used a little Topaz adjust and then alot of Topaz detail. Then did some masking
Suzi, for the 8 x 10. I made a new canvas of 8 x 10. Inserted the original photo. Duplicated it. And resized the background layer. I DONT KNOW how this will print. I did not think of trying the on one essentials enlarge it , if i have time i might try again with that.
Suzi got me to thinking about how i resized so i thought i would try the enlarge it. 10 x 5.67 i had to do it two times in order to get 300 resolution.
I think it worked pretty good.
Ladybug, that did size well, it looks good and I bet will print pretty well consider what we started with a low rez image.

I have really enjoyed what everyone has provided, this is very helpful.

In exploring the different ideas, I came across Snap Art 2, http://www.alienskin.com/snapart/

Alien Skin SW provide a full version trail period of 30 days and it can be installed into PS Elements or Photoshop - one unique thing about it is that it provide a neat tool that isolates regions of the image to retain more or less detail within the region you indicate with their circular marker - they call it Focus Regions.

Worth playing with....
PS Elements 6.0 & CS4
Canon Rebel Xsi
Canon G11
iMac 24" 3.06
A little ice grunge on the subject.......... :biggrin:

Attachments

23 posts Page 2 of 3