Post your before and after pictures here.
14 posts Page 1 of 2
Below are the main steps I used to create the final image of Melissa with Flourish.

1. Original Image - taken with white sheet in background
MissyKiss1.jpg
Original image
MissyKiss1.jpg (51.96 KiB) Viewed 1593 times

2. Touch-up Skin, Eyes, Started to add in Hair Hilights using Dodge Tool, Used Levels to adjust exposure, Cropped
MissyKiss2.jpg
Touchup, Cropped, Levels, Eyes, Hilights
MissyKiss2.jpg (61.23 KiB) Viewed 1593 times

3. Deleted surrounding white (many ways to do this) Sampled lip color to create a radial gradient background. Stretched background so the white middle was mostly from top to bottom, rather than a circular pattern in middle. Gradient Background was placed below main subject's layer.
MissyKiss3.jpg
Gradient Background from Center to sides
MissyKiss3.jpg (62.04 KiB) Viewed 1593 times

Final Steps in next post...
PS Elements 6.0 & CS4
Canon Rebel Xsi
Canon G11
iMac 24" 3.06
Note: At each step I would often tweak exposure, slowly add in light, and make minor misc. adjustment.

4. Here I added in the Flourish using the Brush set called "Fresh Foliage". Each corner was on its own layer so I can easily modify as needed. I believe someone provide a link to these brushes a while back. Do a search for Fresh Foliage PS brushes
MissyKiss4.jpg
Flourish added
MissyKiss4.jpg (88.78 KiB) Viewed 1584 times

5. Created depth by adding drop shadow for each of the Flourish layers. Again adjusted exposure.
MissyKiss5.jpg
Added Drop Shadows
MissyKiss5.jpg (102.79 KiB) Viewed 1582 times

6. Made final misc. adjustments, For example decided the hair needed to be cleaned up on the right side. Copied Main Subject to new layer. Used Topaz Simplify 2 Preset Buzsim - reduced Simplify Size to about .2 from default. Overlaid simplified result over previous non-simplified copy at opacity of 70%. Repainted back in - Lost Catch-Light in each eye and beauty marks on chin and cheek.
MissyKiss6.jpg
Final Image
MissyKiss6.jpg (108.99 KiB) Viewed 1583 times

Larger image can be viewed here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/skyfisher/ ... 7/sizes/o/
PS Elements 6.0 & CS4
Canon Rebel Xsi
Canon G11
iMac 24" 3.06
Great job Tom. Thanks for sharing how you achieved it. You should do a tut for the newsletter sometime. Can always use submissions for the 2nd anniversary issue next month if you have something else you can share with us that you haven't posted on the forum already.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Great, clear explanation. I find it especially interesting how you sneaked up on your final adjusted exposure. I find myself doing the same thing sometimes.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Very nice creation, skyfisher. And your daughter is lovely. :)

Thanks for the interesting step by step instructions.

Courtney
AngelicKim wrote: Great job Tom. Thanks for sharing how you achieved it. You should do a tut for the newsletter sometime. Can always use submissions for the 2nd anniversary issue next month if you have something else you can share with us that you haven't posted on the forum already.

Thanks Courtney, Kim and Rusty. I have a little project I recently did for another photo that I think would make a nice little tutorial - I'll work on that to submit.
PS Elements 6.0 & CS4
Canon Rebel Xsi
Canon G11
iMac 24" 3.06
That would be awesome. When you have it ready e-mail it to PCECNewsletter at gmail dot com. Then send me a PM that you sent it.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
AngelicKim wrote: That would be awesome. When you have it ready e-mail it to PCECNewsletter at gmail dot com. Then send me a PM that you sent it.

Okay I'll add it to my projects. What is a good deadline for you to receive submissions?
PS Elements 6.0 & CS4
Canon Rebel Xsi
Canon G11
iMac 24" 3.06
Skyfisher, Your well-done presentation is greatly appreciated. The image is very pretty -- love the effect created with the brushes!
Looking forward to the tutorial !
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Great creation,Skyfisher.
Am really looking forward to your tutorial.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
14 posts Page 1 of 2