Post your before and after pictures here.
12 posts Page 1 of 2
I like using texture/color layers for tone and variety. Each image needs to be played with and textures, etc. chosen according to what end result you want. I started this one with 'heavenly' because it has the blue/sky effect at the top and earthy color on bottom.

Started with filter/artistic/watercolor/10-0-2. Texture heavenly_by_SolStock/multiply/74%, texture Garden_by_SolStock/soft light/46% and finished with an impasto varnish layer.

Tennie, your results are beautiful. Thanks for all the info.
I always look forward to seeing your work -- you are so talented! :thumbsup:
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Tennie, You are becoming a master at textures, I have been really impressed with a lot of the images you have been doing using textures. I opened these side by side, and very much prefer the one you added textures into. You make me want to learn how to use them better in my own work.
PS Elements 6.0 & CS4
Canon Rebel Xsi
Canon G11
iMac 24" 3.06
Thanks BJ and Sky. If I hadn't done this at 3 a.m. I'd likely have lightened the lower right corner. So much for sleepless nights.
Great work, Marilyn!! Where did you get the textures
Love it!! :woohoo:
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
suzib wrote: Great work, Marilyn!! Where did you get the textures

Thanks Suzi. I found these on DeviantArt.
kimi_boo wrote: Love it!! :woohoo:

Thanks Kimi.
Tennie, how did you do the impasto varnish layer?

I now know what "impasto" is because I googled it as soon as I read your post. But i have no idea how you applied it digitally.

I like what you did with your image.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty wrote: Tennie, how did you do the impasto varnish layer?

I now know what "impasto" is because I googled it as soon as I read your post. But i have no idea how you applied it digitally.

I like what you did with your image.

Rusty

Rusty, I cheat! :shock: I picked it up somewhere and keep it in my textures file. So I googled it and found it again. Scroll to almost the bottom of the page and you can find the download link. The file has both portrait and landscape files and they are PSD.

http://painterfactory.com/blogs/john_de ... -step.aspx
12 posts Page 1 of 2