Post your before and after pictures here.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
It wasn't really that late in the afternoon, but Alberta is so far north the sun gets low in the sky pretty darned early. If I wanted to get these falls, I had no choice but to shoot into the sun.
DSC_6980 Before (sooc).jpg
DSC_6980 Before (sooc).jpg (73.8 KiB) Viewed 1656 times

I have some other shots that I processed two or three times, but I did about as well with dodging and burning which was the method I followed for this one.
DSC_6980 Elbow Falls.jpg
DSC_6980 Elbow Falls.jpg (119 KiB) Viewed 1656 times

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty they are both great photos.
Rusty, I will cut the sky out of the picture the water and rocks are were the action is. I will crop it about 1 to 1-1/2" from the tip of the water on the background. Try it and you will see how that picture give you a punch.
I just tried by moving the slider on your post up and down without double clicking to see the whole thing. remember the picture withing the picture, LOL.
God bless amigo and FELIZ NAVIDAD,
Don
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
Ha - you are right, Diego.
I thought I needed to keep a little bit of sky but I think it does look better when I do what you suggest.

Thank you,
Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
It is a gorgeous shot. Rusty. Love the cropped one
Bro. Rusty
One of the reasons I think you are such a good photographer is due to the fact that you always receive the critics in the spirit that are given. Glad you agree with me as you can see the quality of light on the water due to sky light reflections is superb. Therefore the sky don't ad much to the picture but in the contrary ps a distraction from the beautiful river shot you got. When you combine that with the rocks and the smooth water movement you created you got a master piece. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Forgot to mention the "S" composition of the water flow with the rocks is incredible.
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
6 posts Page 1 of 1