Post your before and after pictures here.
11 posts Page 1 of 2
Here are two copies of the same photo. One is faded and the other is restored. I used the black point icon in the shadow area to perform the restoration. This can be done on almost any faded photo.
Chas
_7002033.jpg
_7002033.jpg (81.76 KiB) Viewed 16953 times
_7002033-copy.jpg
_7002033-copy.jpg (102.4 KiB) Viewed 16953 times
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Looks real good, Chas.
Black point icon? is that the black point dropper in levels?
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Nice job, Chas.

I am assuming you scanned an old, faded print? I don't have many old prints, but I sure have a ton of old, faded slides. I have an Epson "Photo Scanner" and one of the features is a "Restore Color" clicker; if it wasn't for that I would be dead. The auto-fix doesn't give me a finished product -- I can never seem to be able to leave well enough alone --- but it gets me a jump-start to a point where I can screw around in Elements to something I like.

As I said, whatever you did worked well.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty, I have a similar scanner & also use the restore color feature, etc. However, I haven't had the greatest success with setting black point in the scanner software (Epson Perfection V500 photo).
Betty
Yes,Betty. It was the black point pointer in levels. No, it wasn't scanned. If you look closely, you can see my fingers holding up the faded photo. The photo of the photo was taken with a Nikon D700.(Wish it was mine)....
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Fun idea, Chas - taking a pic of a photo :) It turned out great. I hadn't noticed your fingers.
Betty
you can see my fingers

Ha, Ha, Ha. I saw the fingers -- well, I saw "something", now I know they are fingers -- didn't realize what you were doing. Hey, whatever works.

(Epson Perfection V500 photo)

Betty, how do you rate that scanner? A friend has asked me for a recommendation on how to go about converting a lot of old film images to digital. I have the Epson Perfection 4990 which, of course, is now discontinued. The Epson website tells me the V700 is the equivalent replacement. Well, the V700 costs $600 and I sure would hesitate to spend that much. I was looking at the V600 which costs $200 and the description sounds a lot like my 4990 (which cost $400 new but only $300 when I bought it from the Epson scratch-and-dent store).

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty, the scanner does pretty good with prints. However, the attachment for scanning slides/film is limited as to the size of slots for slides/film. So, it would be a good idea to check that the film & attachment are compatible by scanning film the first thing after buying, if there is no way to check before.

here's a little info:
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/supp ... foType=Doc
Betty
Actually what is the procedure , Do you follow to make this effect?
Are you searching for a photo editing company?
Yes, clipping path (http://starpixelclippingpoint.com/) is a photo editing company Which provides all kinds of photo editing services. This mostly provides Photo editing services such as clipping path service, image masking Service, Multi Path or Color Path, Shadow Masking, Picture Retractions, Images Manipulation, mirror effects and others photo editing services. Clipping way There are a number of perfect experienced people who specialize at different times The kind of photo editing services try to give the clipping path perfect always The maximum result of their customers.
11 posts Page 1 of 2