Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
18 posts Page 2 of 2
Very clever variation Clara. My biggest grievance with this photo is that those trees make it nearly impossible to make a selection. I really like what you did with it.
~coco~
the view

from here
I selected the sky, copy to new layer, used filter>sketch> bas relief, played with the sliders, changed blending mode to overlay
Then Selected inverse, copy to new layer, filter bas relief lowerd the detal on this layer, blending mode to overlay.
Here it is:
I needed something to take my mind of my troubles. My puppy has spend the whole day at the vet. We have her home but it doesn't look to good. :cry:

Here is my try. a combination of the Orton effect and this weeks homework.
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Smiles - What you did looks great! It's my son's favorite. I love how the effect brings out the dark smoke and still maintains the vibrancy of the colors. And on top of it a cool frame to finish it off. Great job!
Kimi - I love what the Orton effect can do. The colors you put into the garage/barn are neat and you were still able to make the leaves so green. Cool!
~coco~
the view

from here
coco, I used the burn tool on the barn to make the colors show a little darker. :P
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Thanks Coco, tell your son I am so pleased mine is his favorite! I try using this filter quiet often, but it doesn't work well on all of them. Thanks for the compliments! :D
Kimi, that looks great! Sorry to hear about your day, so is the pup ok?
Here is my contribution:
(selected everything but the smoke and sky and copied onto a layer --- added my favorites clouds from my Bodie trip in the summer.)

Attachments

Sela - real clouds aren't quite that perfect. (She knows I'm kidding). Leave it to you to put the Pollyanna twist on it. The neighborhood has never looked so good. Excellent job!
~coco~
the view

from here
18 posts Page 2 of 2