Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
21 posts Page 2 of 3
I'm expecting The Count from Sesame Street to make an appearance at any time.
~coco~
the view

from here
Love your birds, Suzi,
If I had that much imagination, I could easily have gotten eight fat Canada Geese snoozing in the sun on the lakefront today. As it was, I stuck with ice sculpture in Veterans Park.

#115-Eight.jpg
#115-Eight.jpg (148.17 KiB) Viewed 762 times

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
thank you, Rusty but when it comes to imagination I think you have me beat hands down!!!!
That's a gr8 image Rusty, but I'm more interested in how you made the ice cube tray in the shape of an eight? ... :lol:
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
Gary, that's one of those happy accidents and I've been experimenting to try to figure out what the heck happened so I can do it again.

I use a product named "PTLens" from a website: "ePaperPress". This does everything (and a little more) that the Correct Camera Distortion filter in PSE5 does and I find it easier to use and liked it enough to be a big spender and pop for fifteen bucks.

One thing about it, the settings are sticky. When the filter opens, the settings are whatever was there the last time you clicked OK. This is usually no big deal: you see exactly what is set and what it's doing to the image. There is also a "reset all" button that I normally click whenever the filter opened. But, for this image, after all my adjustments and the final crop, I went back to PTLens to apply a vignette. The vignette action is on a separate screen all by itself. When I clicked OK, it apparently reapplied whatever sticky action was on another screen.

I looked and thought, 'Wow, this is cool', so I added a black canvas border to better emphasize the shape. I'm still working on figuring out how to do it again :roll:

Rusty

PS - yeah, I could have told you it was carefully planned and a result of my great skill!

So Rusty... what keeps the ice from just melting???

:twisted: Byron
read my "ice thread", Byron,
it was fourteen frigging degrees :twisted:
Gee, Toto, we aren't in Pleasanton anymore.

Rusty

Don't look too closely - all the dirt around the button shows up!

...and HERE'S my entry over at EV.

Bayla
Nice job everyone!

Clara - Great find on an old keepsake.

Coco - Happy 2--8 to you as well.

Suzi - Very inventive!! I like the phone entry, and the birds image is great.

Gary - I had thought of Crazy 8's too, but your entry is MUCH better than that. Very nice.

Jane - Mouth watering ... must get to car and drive south .... be there soon!!! :mrgreen:

Rusty - What a great subject for your entry ... nicely done. I can't get over the high rises in the background. Milwaukee is sure growing.

Bayla - A Great Eight!

Hope everyone had fun with this one ... there's still time for more before #116 goes up.

Bill
Sorry Bill - I don't think the two dozen even lasted 24 hours. :o I don't make cookies often, since no one in my family can exercise any self control at all (including me. :oops: ) when it comes to fresh homemade cookies.
21 posts Page 2 of 3