Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
50 posts Page 4 of 5
Really cool images everyone.

Christell and Esther, the flowers are beautiful.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Hey Kimi - I don't know what the problem is but I just can't seem to open the downloaded texture. I downloaded them and placed them in the texture file. I went to texturizer and clicked on the little sideways arrow, clicked on the file I wanted to use and it doesn't show up. Do I need to put it into the elements program somewhere? I just got elements 6. I thought I could load the texture like I load brushes. Is that wrong? Thanks - Andie
Unless you move, where you are right now is where you will always be!

Andie
Visit Andie's Webshots Gallery
Visit Andie's PrestoPhoto Gallery
andie,this texture is a jpg, you use it like an overlay. Does not go in the texture folder unless you change to a psd.
Hope that helps.
WildSunflower1A-copy-2.jpg
WildSunflower1A-copy-2.jpg (16.31 KiB) Viewed 649 times
Got it done. Hard to choose. I picked the soul texture and blend mode hard light.
christell wrote: I put texture below rose photo, lowered opacity on texture & erased to let rose come through, color burned rose layer & burned around edges.
Christell

Okay, I admit...I copied Christell's technique and also burned some areas. ;) I also created another layer to place the rose layer on and did the exact same thing, adding the texture. Basically, a lot of playing around with the opacity, saturation, and burning here and there. Oh, and used some cool brushes to frame and add a bit of "elegance" to my beautiful rose. (This rose is sure getting around!)

Thanks Kimi, for this challenge, and the cool link that you gave us for the different textures...yes, Coco, it does pay to do homework! You are right :o

Edit:

Went back and played some more..added an overlay blend mode to the picture...a bit to harsh on the rose, but I liked what it did overall.

Sela.. both are beautiful. I think I like the second one best. You did good! :mrgreen:
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Thanks, Kimi!

I think I am addicted to this technique! I used one of Russ' images from the Rose Parade Floats!

Oh I like the second one two - that is just gorgeous!!
Beautiful Sela! Or you doing anything special that you can share with the class?
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Sela, I do like the second rose & other flower creation. They are just beautiful. It does involve just playing around with blend modes & opacities. Aren't new techniques fun to learn?
Christell
Christell's Creations

PhotoSHOP, PhotoSHOP till' you drop...

A photograph is a moment frozen in time...

PSE7 & PSE8.....Nikon D60, D200 & D300
50 posts Page 4 of 5