Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Not sure if this is the right place for this post but will go ahead with it anyway.
Have you ever had a light bulb moment when the light just pops on? I had one today. I have been posting some snow photos and was encouraged by Don to explore the B&W conversion. I thought that just remove the color was a black and white conversion. I dug out some books and read and looked at many photos. Boy was I wrong. Much more to it that remove the color. The light went on after some kind comments by the people of this froum. Let me say thank you to all who have encouraged me to keep trying.
Tina B :idea:
Tina, I used to think the same thing until I started playing with the contrast and midtones and highlights and shadows and on and on. There are just so many possibilities even with a black and white.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
You both are so right. B/W's can be alot of work, and alot of copies before it is the way you want it. I know I usually end up with at least 7 copies before I am happy with one. But they are so worth the effort. Keep at it.
Susan, like your work gloves, I have worked on one for weeks trying to get it just right. Move on and go back to it later when you have a fresh eye. And then at other times you have an image that is just perfect for a simple desaturation and its done.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
4 posts Page 1 of 1