Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
22 posts Page 1 of 3
This week's image belongs to Russ, who very kindly offered his beautiful photos of the Rose Parade Floats for us to use!

Thanks, Russ, you saved me!

Here is how this challenge works. I've posted an image, your challenge is to do whatever you want to it and post your results and some instruction as to what you did to get the effect you came up with.... IF you can remember all the steps you took.

My pick from Russ is this:

I hope you enjoy the image!

There is no time limit to this challenge and you can post as many times as you want. Most important of all, "Have Fun!" Again, thanks, Russ!
Thank you Sela for running this 2 weeks in a row. I didn't so much change but rather just corrected the color in the original!

imagination9.jpg
imagination9.jpg (117.14 KiB) Viewed 1200 times
~coco~
the view

from here
Thanks for hosting Sela!

edit: Sorry, I always forget to say what I did. :oops: Rose colored background with darker rose text. I used a layer mask with the 'large rose with chroma' brush stamped twice, inverted so it was mostly black, and filter>stylize>find edges. Clipped the original image to the layer mask so it would show through the 'rose'. It didn't work as well as I hoped, but that's what I did.

Bill
Beautiful Image by the way!
Here's how I achieved this look:
Duplicate Image Layer
Choose Filter> Render>
LIGHTING EFFECTS
Reposition the lighting coverage to cover the whole image
Style> Soft Light
Lighting Type> Spotlight
Intensity> 25%
Focus> 100% Wide
PROPERTIES
Gloss> 75%
Material (Plastic)> - 32%
Exposure (Under)> -72%
Ambience (Positive) 67%
Texture Channel> Green
Check in the box by White is high
Height (Mountainous) 98%
Change the blending mode to Luminosity
If your image appears to dark, use Enhance lighting> shadows & highlights & contrast to your liking
Filter>Distort> Diffuse glow
Graininess 0%
Glow Amount 11%
Clear Amount 17%
Not to creative be here is mine. In CS3, Ctrl J to dupliate, converted to B&W,used eraser to bring back color in flowers. On background, increased canvas by inch and filled black. Using the magic wand selected black border area, Ctrl J put the selected black only on its own layer, choose Layer>Layer Styles>Bevel and Emboss>Inner

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Here is what I did with the photo.
I used a kaleidoscope filter and hit random selection until I found something I liked.

Kaleidoscope-rusty.jpg
Kaleidoscope-rusty.jpg (95.3 KiB) Viewed 1140 times
I hesitate to post after seeing such creative work...

Creative-9.jpg
Creative-9.jpg (18.71 KiB) Viewed 1133 times

Repeated applications of "fisheye" with cloning in between each application to fill in lost sky.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
I could not let an image of the Rose Bowl go by without mentioning the Alabama Crimson Tide and their great victories there.
A life without cause is a life without effect.
Clara
My Gallery
Here's mine...woooooooohooooooooo, I did it in CS3. I followed sort of a tutorial in the new NAPP newsletter. Thought I took a screen shot of steps but it disappeared. I will edit this later to show steps

imag.jpg
imag.jpg (103.31 KiB) Viewed 1083 times
Fantastic work, everyone! (thanks to Russ for the image!) Very cool and creative...you all showed off your imagination very well!

Coco, Pooh looks so cute sliding down the slide!
Tina, your is so trippy! Love it! (If you only knew what my day was like today...this fits my state of mind today...long story!)

All are great!
22 posts Page 1 of 3